New Diesel engine news!

A forum to alternate source of power to include Eggenfellner and other conversions.
cjensen
Whiskey Victor

New Diesel engine news!

Post by cjensen »

From ANN this morning!
Powerplant Developments Limited Names Tim Archer As President & CEO

Thu, 12 Jul '07
Former Superior Air Parts Exec Will Lead Efforts To Develop New Diesel Engine

Powerplant Developments Limited (PPD) tells ANN aviation veteran Timothy T. Archer was recently named President and CEO of the new company.

"Having someone with Tim’s reputation, integrity and experience leading our team certainly puts us way ahead in many of our certification and marketing efforts," Derek Graham, Chairman and Co-Founder of PPD said. "Tim helped take his last company from just a PMA parts supplier to becoming a certified engine manufacturer. I can’t tell you what that experience will mean to our efforts to bring the new Gemini Engine to market."

Located in West Sussex, England, the company is a joint development effort by Westlake Air Services and Jade Air. Powerplant Developments is developing a new diesel piston engine for the general aviation market; the company expects to release more details about that engine, and its possible uses, at AirVenture 2007.

"I am extremely excited to have this opportunity," Archer said. "It's not often in life where you get a chance to live your dream -- and that's just what Powerplant Developments is giving me the chance to do. This new engine is going to completely change how pilots and manufacturers perceive piston engine performance, reliability and value.

"I'm going to be part of a team that is going to do something that will truly impact the way people use private airplanes for recreation and business," Archer continued. "Not just in America and Europe, but around the world."

Prior to joining Powerplant Developments, Archer was President and CEO of Superior Air Parts. While there he oversaw the company's development and FAA certification of the Vantage Engine. Before being named Superior's President and CEO, Archer had held a variety of positions in the company and was a long time TCM executive.
So we shall see what he has to say in a couple of weeks!

8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

Interesting ... and the rate I'm going at they may have an engine by the time I have to decide on one :oops:
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)

rv8or
Class E

Post by rv8or »

Don--

I hear ya...

At my rate, mine is going to have a Flux Compacitor and run on bannana peels.

:oops:

Joe
Joe Ferraro
aka: "jferraro16"
DFW, RV-8A Fuse

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

RV8or wrote: At my rate, mine is going to have a Flux Compacitor and run on bannana peels.

:oops:

Joe
What a minute! Didn't they have that back in the mid-80's already!? :wink: :lol:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

rv8or
Class E

Post by rv8or »

The Flux Capacitor, yes, the bannana peel attachment was from the future...can't remember what year :lol:

I've flown a number of planes with "flux valves"...every single one of them was refered to as the Flux Capacitor during sytems BS sessions. Funny how pop-culture works.

J
Joe Ferraro
aka: "jferraro16"
DFW, RV-8A Fuse

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

I once had an instructor that had never met me before my first lesson with him, and he asked me if I had checked the flux capacitor during my walk around, I told him it was fine but I had to tighten the lid to the Mr. Fusion because the previous student hadn't put it back on properly. He seldom asked about my walk arounds after that 8) .
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)