autopilots

A forum to discuss installation of avionics such as GPS, NAV & COMM radios, audio panels, auto pilots, etc.
weezbad
Class C

autopilots

Post by weezbad »

has anyone seen dynons new autopilot advertised in kit planes?????.will likely be ordering that as soon as some results on actual application and use come in. looks like i did well to save some space beside the ems d120 for the autopilot head.so much for the hs module..not really needed with the sl 30 anyway. whens the release??
william....don't let it beat you down, you are stronger than you think.

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

Don't know but they sure have my attention with that teaser. This could totally change my decisions......
Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by bullojm1 »

I saw from the other forums Dynon stated it's servos are compatible with the bolt locations of TT brackets! My panel design JUST got more difficult.

<rant>However, I don't like how I have to buy the EFIS + HS34 to interface to the ARINC and now they have another AP74 module for knob control for the autopilot. My panel is looking real kludgey now. I think dynon oughta get off their *ss's and just update their EFIS with knobs and get rid of their add-on panel modules. There is no need for them. Put the electronics behind the panel! </rant>
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS