Good Panel Planner (free)

A forum to discuss installation of avionics such as GPS, NAV & COMM radios, audio panels, auto pilots, etc.
dynamicjohn
Class E

Post by dynamicjohn »

I haven't used ePanelBuilder since they started charging, mainly because I haven't even started building yet, just drooling. Accuracy Avionics has a CAD style program that looks great for planning (and free), they actually take your plan, check it and can laser cut a panel for you. They have many RV options as well as a lot of avioncs. http://www.accuracyavionics.com
I was wondering if anyone has used this for planning and could verify the accruarcy.
Thanks
-catfish

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

That's a good find and I'll check it out.  Also check out xpanel: http://www.xpanelsoftware.com/Index.htm  It's not free but it's only $30.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM, RB Lists - Avionics <support@rivetbangers.com (support@rivetbangers.com)> wrote:

I haven't used ePanelBuilder since they started charging, mainly because I haven't even started building yet, just drooling. Accuracy Avionics has a CAD style program that looks great for planning (and free), they actually take your plan, check it and can laser cut a panel for you. They have many RV options as well as a lot of avioncs. www.accuracyavionics.com
I was wondering if anyone has used this for planning and could verify the accruarcy.
Thanks
-catfish

rivetbangers.com - Discussion topic http://www.rivetbangers.com/cgi-php/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24424#24424

--
Scott VanArtsdalen

The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He would send forth laborers into His harvest.
Luke 10:2
Submitted via email

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

I used/bought the X-panel software and I'm glad I did.
It was very helpful to use for trying out many different versions of layout.

Quick and easy, AND it has the capability to print out the stuff full size from your color printer so you can also paste them to the actual panel and get a full size mock-up to try out.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

dynamicjohn
Class E

Post by dynamicjohn »

Just checked out that site, looks good. I'm installing it right now.
Thanks for the info
-catfish

dynamicjohn
Class E

Post by dynamicjohn »

This program is great, easy to use and can edit/update equipment.
However I can't seem to be able to print full size. Anyone out there offer help on how to do this?
-catfish

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

To be honest I never figured it out either. However, I can tell you their product support is excellent. Shoot them an email and they will get you going.
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

dynamicjohn wrote:This program is great, easy to use and can edit/update equipment.
However I can't seem to be able to print full size. Anyone out there offer help on how to do this?
-catfish
If your referring to X-panel, you just right click on an image you've placed on the panel, and there's a selection for printing a full scale image.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

dynamicjohn
Class E

Post by dynamicjohn »

Wow, That was easy. Thanks.
It is a really nice feature, even in the planning stages to be able to print like this. I can only imagine how nice this is when you're cutting the panel.
Thanks again for the help.
-catfish