working on a gadget you guys might be interested in

A forum to discuss installation of avionics such as GPS, NAV & COMM radios, audio panels, auto pilots, etc.
tmbg
Class C

working on a gadget you guys might be interested in

Post by tmbg »

I'm having a couple prototype PCBs fabricated now. It's a bluetooth audio module that you can easily integrate with your audio panel.

It's going to have a DB-9 connector with a simple pinout, +12v, GND, audio left, audio right, and an optional indicator LED. When it's powered up, you can look in your iPhone or other bluetooth-enabled music player, and it will show up as a device you can pair with. When not paired, the indicator will blink. Pair, enter code 0000, and the indicator will go steady. At that point, any music you're playing will stream to the device. Wire the device into a music input on your audio panel, and you no longer have to have a dangly wire connecting your phone to the panel!

It's something I've been wanting forever, and the only thing I've seen that can do it is the PMA-8000BT, and I'm still not 100% clear whether it works for streaming audio or only as a headset for making phone calls. I know the Bose A20 bluetooth only allows the headset protocols, you can't stream music over it. Plus, the PMA-8000BT is $1200 more than the PMA-5000EX, which is what I bought for my panel.

Boards will be a couple weeks, but when I get one put together I'll post some pics and demos. Also, I'm going to make cases for them on my new 3d printer :)
Ian
RV-7 SB, chugging toward final assembly
IO-360-C1C 200hp obtained.
Hartzell BA prop received.
James Cowl ordered.
N773WW reserved!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Very nice. Keep us up to date with this.
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Ian,

Billy has expressed an interest on one pf these to stream music from his android phone to the audio panel in his six.

Keep us posted!

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

tmbg
Class C

Post by tmbg »

I'm working on testing them now. There will be a couple of greenwire changes to this initial version of the board, but I have eight boards of this revision and I should be able to use all of them.

I'm also working on designing a case for it, and drawing up documentation.
Ian
RV-7 SB, chugging toward final assembly
IO-360-C1C 200hp obtained.
Hartzell BA prop received.
James Cowl ordered.
N773WW reserved!

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

Ian, I thought I'd revive this thread and check in... is there any news? How did this turn out?
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Ian,

Update?

I would like something mono for cell phone only.

Any progress?

:? CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!