Must read RV-3 article....

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 3.
aerial
Class E

Must read RV-3 article....

Post by aerial »

Here's a link to Budd Davisson's pilot report of the RV-3. I think it is good reading for anyone trying to decided if they want to build an RV.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepRV3.html
Duane Cole T-cart 0-320 Full Inverted

Dan A
Class D

Post by Dan A »

It makes you drool doesn't it!! :thumbsup:
Dan

aerial
Class E

Post by aerial »

Yes, and Budd has a way of putting you in the seat....

I remember a term from economics called cognitive dissonance. It causes us (consumers) to question our decisions after our purchase, to investigate (or validate) our purchase with additional information to make us feel good about our purchase. A study was conducted on new automobile owners. The study revealed that consumers did more shopping for automobiles after the purchase than they did before the purcahse. It also showed that the success of an automobile was largely dependent on the customer service and follow up the dealer did to confirm the customers choice. The economists say you have to continue to "sell" the auto even after the purchase. It is a phenomenon I have found myself sucked into from time to time.

We all say we don't question our decision to build the plane we are going to build, but I think it's a great article to "confirm" we made the right choice.

arffguy
Class E

Post by arffguy »

This is why Van should keep supporting the RV-3 forever.
Mikey
RV-6A Wings
"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it."