N755CB's last US flights...

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
cjensen
Whiskey Victor

N755CB's last US flights...

Post by cjensen »

A couple of weeks ago, Rob "Smokey" Ray showed up at KBMI to pick up 755CB for it's delivery flight to Florida, and subsequent last US sortie from his house to Lakeland for dis-assembly.

Me and Rob just prior to departure...

Rob with a final thumbs up! He is a WONDERFUL person, and I can highly recommend him to anyone needing RV ferry services...just a great person.

Rob flew a short leg to Sullivan, IN for cheap fuel, then went NON-STOP to his home near Lakeland, FL...720nm, 7.3gph, 13,500ft, and 188kt GS average...nice! He told me that it was one of his favorite RV's that he has flown. That made me feel good...

Here it is in front of his house in Florida-

And finally, 755CB and Rob on it's last US mission...a 15nm trip from his house to Lakeland for dis-assembly, happened on September 1st.

My next update will be when I get pictures from the new owner of it arriving in South Africa!

8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

Proud papa sees his RV off :good job:

Someone is going to be VERY happy Chad!
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

I second that. Smokey came out to do some demo flights of my RV-4 when I had it up for sale. He packed a guy in the back that I swear would have pulled the tail off. Smokey got it off the ground and put my 4 through it's motions with this beefy dude. Smokey was super nice and friendly. Can't ask for a nicer guy.
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Chad, I share your sorrow in watching your airplane fly away :cry: I hope your Tailwind project is progressing. I want to take this opportunity to again congratulate you on being named EAA Community Builder chair I know you will do a good job! I hope you continue to participate in Rivet Bangers etc.

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Thanks again Bob! Part of my responsibilities at EAA in my new role will be to maintain a strong web presence...I have no plans of slowing down my involvement here or anywhere online. In fact, quite the opposite as I plan to get involved in MORE type forums!

I just pulled the third Tailwind rib out of the jig tonight, and set the top and bottom sticks in the jig for the fourth one! Fun stuff!
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com