Back in the RV saddle

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Back in the RV saddle

Post by cjensen »

It's been a while since I had flown the EAA RV-6A. I've been spending most of my flying time and money in the Cub in the last year or so, but I recently pulled out the RV-6A, and I was reminded, again, just how good these airplanes really are.

The 6A that EAA built years ago was built for a single purpose: to fly as many Young Eagles from Pioneer Airport as possible. They built two of them, and flew the daylights out of them. N6YE is the one that is in the EAA flying club, and because it was so purposefully built, it's just stone simple. Carb'd 320, no GPS, just a radio, xponder, and a panel of necessary round gauges.

The airplane is just a blast to fly. It's light and the 150 horse Lycoming (freshly overhauled) just pulls and pulls...who needs 200+ when this things does what it does on 150!? A simple, lightweight 6A...life is good with this airplane. :cool:

It looks a little different than when this pic was taken last year with new old EAA logo graphics and no nose pant, but I just had to take a moment to make a quick post about how much fun lightweight 6's are to fly.

Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Chadley,

There is something to be said about a nice, simple ship!

Billy's -6 that I fly is a lot like this. A real pleasure to fly and easy to operate.

My -7 is the furthest thing from simple. The contrast is remarkable and with them both being RV's, the spectrum is huge in how you can equip these things!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!