Great way to start the fall

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
captain_john
Sparky

Great way to start the fall

Post by captain_john »

I got wind of a fly in at Grignon's Field (ME62) in Maine. It seems that Noah (RV-7A N07AH) is personal friend's with the owners of the field. They were having a fall fly in and we were invited.

When we got there, there was lots of food and drink. Some of it I couldn't drink until we got home. I spotted some hop plants across the field and was given some of it's bounty as I was one of the people from afar! They called it taildragger ale. Really good! Carmel grains and good centennial hops... right from the field!

We arrived Saturday afternoon just missing Dave the Governor and company from Belfast. They were by for breakfast.

We did a few checks for deer on the runway before we left. None were discovered... Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczIXAQiBzc

My wingmen were Mike (Drill and Buck) in his RV-8 and Master Proffetty in his RV-6 now known as "Leaky".

A great time at Grignon's Field!

The following day I went to Simsbury, CT for their fly in. I was amazed at the number of planes there!

All tolled it was 5.1 hours flight time for the weekend. Looks like I will pass 500 hours in the first two years of operation for this plane. Not bad for this vicinity!

What a great machine Van makes!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!