2016 Flying Stats

A place to share flight experiences of any kind. Looking forward to our first "first flight" post.
bruceh
Class D

2016 Flying Stats

Post by bruceh »

Happy New Year, all of you Rivetbangers!

Here is a summary of my 2016 Flying.

Not quite as impressive as Vlad's year, but I did better my hours flown by +1 from last year.

Looking forward to more fun in 2017 (and maybe some paint?) :grin:

How was your 2016?
Bruce Hill
RV-9A N5771H flying over 1100 hours!
Build Log at http://www.overthehills.com/RV-9A-Project
Blog at https://flyingoverthehills.wordpress.com/
EAA Tech Counselor, A&P

captain_john
Sparky

Re: 2016 Flying Stats

Post by captain_john »

Bruce,

Add Plymouth, MA to your bucket list!

My year wasn't as good as last year. I planned to top another 300 this year as I did last, but can't honestly say so. I might have fell about ten hours short?

Here I am approaching 600 hours on my plane and CAN'T BELIEVE I made this thing in my garage!

I need to make it out your way soon! Maybe this summer?

I would like to keep the 300 hours per year thing going. We shall see...

My plans this summer is Oshkosh again and hopefully somewhere beyond. Anybody want a ride in an RV-7 in trade for housing?

See you all again soon at the show!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by bullojm1 »

2016 was about average for me in terms of hours - just about 100, which is about what I have been averaging for the last 5 years. This year took me on a lot of fun adventures:

March - Beer Exchange with CJ

April - Sun 'n' Fun with Peter Barrett. Furthest south my RV has ever been! Can you believe my friend Jim stole my beer?!?!?!

April - North Carolina RV Flyin. Another beer exchange!

May - Upgraded GNS430 to GTN650 for $500!

May - Memorial Day weekend in Nantucket with a stopover in KPYM to pick up my NL Starter from CJ

June - Jim Thill's Birthday Flyin

June - Took my Dad to Block Island for Fathers Day

July - Oshkosh and a "little" beer swap I arranged

Dammit! Jim stole my beer again!

The RivetBangers Dinner at the Block Otter was very well attended!

September - Lobster Fest in KBST / CJ's Birthday.

November - Mitchapalooza @ KPYM

This also has been the most frustrating RV year I have had in terms of the RV world politics. I spent a good 100+ hours implementing Joe Dubners APRS tracking site (http://www.rivetbangers.com/aprs) because he indicated he was shutting it down at the end of August. I thought this site was a great resource to the RV and general flying community, and I worked my ass off to get my site up before his site went offline. At first my hard work and effort was applauded on VAF, until the proprietor of VAF found that my site, since it is hosted at RivetBangers.com, could potentially be a threat to his forum. I was amazed at the number of nasty posts and PM's I received, and my APRS site was officially booted from his site after he conveniently partnered with another APRS tracking site. I wonder what the outcome of this would of been if my APRS site wasn't under the RivetBangers umbrella? I think we all know the answer to that question.

I'm not trying to end my year in review on a bitter note, but I have definitely been less motivated to participate in the general RV community after that experience. Don't worry though - RivetBangers is here to stay! I am trying my best to make it to both Sun 'n' Fun and Oshkosh, and the Sunday Beer Tasting will definitely be bigger and better than last year!

Thanks you all for being members of this fun site. I am so proud to consider all of you my very good friends.

Everyone have a safe flight filled 2017! And be ready for my documentation of my next airplane build later on this fall. It's definitely not an RV...in fact, it couldn't be more opposite of an RV. More fun details to come :)
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Mikey, What a great year of flying!

It is great that you run this place FOR the enthusiasts. All that you do is greatly appreciated and you never ask a dime for it!

This place needs more activity. Does anyone have some ideas on how to get this site to become more active?

I like the small town atmosphere of this site to the big city environment of the other place.

Everyone (myself included) needs to post here more often.

RV-7

painless
Class C

Post by painless »

Agree with everything CJ said. Well, at least in his last post. :-P

Thanks for all you do Mikey.

And hey, if you need any advice on your next build, let me know. Real men build airplanes from plans.... 8)
Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Hatz Classic, Welding fuselage
Hatz build log. https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&p ... GNCwv&sid=
Peshtigo, WI

Vlad
Class E

Post by Vlad »

captain_john wrote:Mikey, What a great year of flying!

It is great that you run this place FOR the enthusiasts. All that you do is greatly appreciated and you never ask a dime for it!

This place needs more activity. Does anyone have some ideas on how to get this site to become more active?

I like the small town atmosphere of this site to the big city environment of the other place.

So, let's give Mikey some traffic! Why don't you tell everybody here about the secret project brewing in Hangar #5? I was grounded for two days and couldn't reach Plymouth for flight testing. It looks like I need to put my RV back into Phase 1 very soon... :)
RV-9A N666BK flying 4,500+ hours since 2011

kevinsrv7
Ya Dude

Post by kevinsrv7 »

Hey Mike some pretty young ladies standing around an RV wouldn't hurt on your main page. :P

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

kevinsrv7 wrote:

Hey Mike some pretty young ladies standing around an RV wouldn't hurt on your main page. :P
BRILLIANT!

While we are making demands, can they be scantily clad as well?

:dunno: CJ
RV-7