Battery Test

A place to discuss the design & installation of electrical systems.
captain_john
Sparky

Battery Test

Post by captain_john »

I need a new battery for my JEEP. I figured that the Odyssey is going into the plane, why not put one in the JEEP?

The PC 680 is slated for the plane. I need something a bit bigger for the JEEP. I could have gotten the PC 925 but, that ain't me. I got the PC 1200LMJT!

http://www.batterybank.net/odyssey/Odys ... 0LMJT.html

Here are some more specs on it.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc1200lmjt.htm

This was the best price that I could find conveniently on the web, so I went with it. The JEEP battery isn't dead, but it is a ticking time bomb. I was lucky to make it through the winter with it.

The way I see it is if the OEM lead acid battery lasted 7+ years , this one should go 15! It is rated for 8-12.

How do you like your Odyssey?

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I love them. I put one in my R1100RT when I had it. It was very sensitive to voltage drops during starting. If the voltage fell to far the ABS would fail its startup diagnostics. I switched to an Odessy and the problem stopped forever. They are a great brand.
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Leighton
Class G

Post by Leighton »

Odysee batterys? Pass me the kool-aid!

We fit them to just about every helicopter that we get through the hangar, from Hughes 300's through to Bell 205's. I have been told The 205's HEIU (high energy ignition unit) can draw upto 1500Vs at 2000 Amps during the starting cycle (roughly 30 seconds).

We just put a set in a Bell Longranger, just finished doing a bunch of engine trimming ground runs and started main rotor track and balance. The long and short of it is, many starts and very short runs, so the battery isnt getting time to get a full recharge. The engine spools up quickly, EGT stays nice and cool, and it'll do it all day long without complaining.

Is there a thumbs up smilie?

JohnR
Class B

Here you go

Post by JohnR »

:koolaid:

I plan on one too. :)
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

UPDATE:

INSTALLED! Super simple and straighforward installation! The footprint and overall height is appreciably smaller!

The bronze terminals are likely to mitigate corrosion and are serrated for additional contact/friction.

I am confident that my JEEP will start after being left in the parking lot while I am down at SunNFun! I wasn't so sure with the 7 year old OEM battery that I replaced. I am glad this one came in before I had to leave!

Really nice! I am pleased!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!