Grove or Cleveland?

A forum in which to discuss topics that are not specific to a particular series of aircraft (ie. how to cut alclad)
BrickPilot
Class E

Grove or Cleveland?

Post by BrickPilot »

As my tagline reads, I'm building a Bearhawk. FINALLY, my QB Fuse kit will be arriving in a few weeks (my delay, not AviPro's. :bang: ). Anyway, curious if anyone cares to share an opinion about Grove versus Cleveland brakes/wheels. My first task is to put the fuse up on the gear, and already I'm at an impasse. I did see an earlier Hangar post about Brakes, but only a coupla people chimed in. I'm surprised there isn't much discourse on this. :?
Jeff Klug
Bearhawk #1053 (QB #91)
Shop cam!

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

I don't have an opinion as I'm just using what came with the finish kit...Cleveland...but I just had to say CONGRATS on getting you QB on the way!! That's awesome! I can't wait to see the pics!

We haven't heard from PK for a while either...you out there buddy???
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Jeff, I am really impressed with the Grove products that I have seen.

The Cleavland stuff look sfine as well, but from what I have heard the Grove stuff is superior.

Of course, this is all hearsay aside from actually working with WS on installing the Grove gear on his -8.

Personally, I would go Grove!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

dynamicjohn
Class E

Post by dynamicjohn »

I say Cleveland. I have to say though I have NO first hand experience with Grove, but A LOT with many Cleveland Products. Easy to maintain and easy to find parts/support, and work great.

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

Jeff, keep us informed on the Bearhawk. It looks like a great airplane. Like Chad I am using the Clevelands as that is what Van's ships us. I figure it is one less thing for me to have to decide. I have heard good things about the Grove stuff though.

There, that was helpful wasn't it. :roll:
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

ptrotter
Class E

Post by ptrotter »

I have no experience with Cleveland, but I have a lot of Grove stuff in my 8 and the quality is excellent. Also, I have spent a lot of time talking to Robbie Grove and I think he knows his stuff and it is great to talk directly to the guy who runs the place.
Paul Trotter
RV-8 82080 Finish Kit
N801PT