Piano hinge pin question

A forum in which to discuss topics that are not specific to a particular series of aircraft (ie. how to cut alclad)
simatos
Class E

Piano hinge pin question

Post by simatos »

The hinge pin that comes with the flaps is actually not the aviation quality pin that you ultimately use, is that correct. I think I got the aviation quality pin material with the finish kit. Anyway question which is which?? I want to hang the flaps tomorrow using the "practice" pin and not canabalize the good stuff. If anyone understands this convoluted question and has an answer, i would sure appreciate it. PS What the heck is going on in Wisconsin??

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I think I got ya on this one. I just went through this whole research thing recently.

The hinge and pin provided for the flaps and trim tab contain all aircraft grade parts. Use the pins they came with!

When it comes to the cowling you are supposed to swap them put with the stainless ones that came with the finish kit.

When you get to the cowling, ask this question again and i will tell you what I did there too.

If I am wrong we will both fall out of the sky and die together!

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

simatos
Class E

Post by simatos »

CJ
Gotcha
last line kills me ( I mean Funny) , Wings WITH flaps on, probably not for the last time CheersG

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Are you going to Oshkosh this year?

:? CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

simatos
Class E

Post by simatos »

I would sure like to go, I think it would be the Kick in the pants I need to get the project moving forward. Im in British Coloumbia, Canada: West coast and usually make it to the Arlington, WA flyin in July, But family-inlaw stuff has already filled the summer calandar. Plus the wife has uttered the two scariest words in the English language: "Kitchen Renovation". Thats OK tho, I like the construction process, I think getting there is half the fun and you have to enjoy the trip (building that is)..

Couple airport buddies are going to try to get to OshKosh in 2013 and I am going to try to keep a couple week open next year for that. I know it is the Meca for homebuilders, I always hear the stories when the crew at the field get back. Got my electrical stuff ordered so start to run some wires shortly, Thanks for the Help this week. Cheers G