F-902 bulkhead

A forum in which to discuss topics that are not specific to a particular series of aircraft (ie. how to cut alclad)
Joe Parish
Class D

F-902 bulkhead

Post by Joe Parish »

Working on the F902 bulkhead in the forward fuse section.Print #23 On page 8-8 Third sentence from the bottom it says to adjust the top and bottom tabs of F 902 as necessary to fit the longerons, drill and cleco. I drilled the bottom one but on the top flange which rest on the underside of the main longeron it appears that part F 7105B left and right side outbd sub-panels may share a hole with the tab of the F 902 bulkhead? Upper right corner of print 23 says Do Not Rivet Top Flange of F-902 bulkhead until sub panel structure is drilled. To me it sounds like they do not share a hole and to just wait to rivet until sub panel is drilled. The 7105B sub panels are shown on print #24(slider).

I can not find anything to answer my question. Do they share a hole thru the main longeron? Hoping somebody beyond that point would know. Thanks!
Joe
N525XC reserved
Empennage done
wings done
Fuse in progress
RV-9A

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by bullojm1 »

Joe,

To be honest, I personally don't remember if the rivet in question goes through the back of the subpanel. Here are the snips of the diagrams that are applicable.

This is the best picture I could find on my build of the area in question. It doesn't look like a rivet penetrates the subpanel, but then again, mine is a tip-up.

Worst case you can just leave this rivet out for now and put it in before you install the top skin for good.
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS

Joe Parish
Class D

Post by Joe Parish »

Thanks Mike. I figured I would wait. Just one of those things that caught my eye and trying to avoid a situation of doing something and then later find out I should of waited. The plans do not seem to spell it out? Maybe I am missing something?
Joe
N525XC reserved
Empennage done
wings done
Fuse in progress
RV-9A