Wing jig details

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

no joke! that stuff is messy though! i didn't think it was that hard to work with doing the rudder, but it gets everywhere. don't know if i'd like to deal with that all the time... :wink:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

greylingr
Class G

Post by greylingr »

captain_john wrote:Chad, Rudi's threaded rod arm adjustment setup is really cool and seems precise! Mebbe something like that would be better than the elongated hole design?!?!
:) CJ
Ditto, no need to slot the holes with the threaded rod. Regards, Rudi
Rudi Greyling, South Africa, RV7 Tip-up, Current Status: Wings.
Web Page: www.freepgs.com/flyboy
"Science, freedom, beauty, adventure...what more could you ask of life? Aviation offers it all" - Charles A. Lindbergh

JohnR
Class B

Add me to the metal stand list.

Post by JohnR »

Well add another person copying the metal stand design. I got the angles on today and will be putting them in place next week hopefully. Thought I would thank everyone who has posted reguarding their stands.

I haven't drilled the lower holes yet as I'm not sure where they need to be yet.

JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

awesome john!! love the color (i'm a cardinal fan!) i haven't drilled the lower holes in mine yet either. just today, i fit the rear spar to the ribs for final drilling. i think i'll mark the spot tomorrow, and get that outta the way.

Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

Looking good Chad! :good job:

I like red so figured it would work well on the stands and matches the Craftsman tool box. Plus I need practice on my painting skills. :o I would like to paint the plane myself but not unless I improve my skills a fair amount. It seem realistic if I just face the fact that I will have to redo some areas when I screw up.

I won't get anything done on the plane today as we have a family get together. I am looking forward to the wings now that the ribs are done.
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

jimrobinette
Class E

Post by jimrobinette »

Chad,

Who is parking outside, the pickup or that hot little sports car of Brittnes?
cjensen wrote:Image

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

:lol: :lol: :lol: what do you think?? :bang: my truck is out in the cold...of course!

actually, brit will be trading that little sports car early this summer. she's decided we need another golden retriever, and wiley just barely fits in that car. so, it's off to buy a small suv. she's not happy about this, but it's another dog and a new vehicle or keep the car, and stick with one pup. she chose another pup. i'm looking forward to another one, but at $1000 for the pup, my eyes are still popping out of my head!!! :o oh well, i've spent 10 times that much in the last year or so, so i can't complain too much! :dunno:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support

jimrobinette
Class E

Post by jimrobinette »

Agree with the spending issues. I just bought a Pioneer plasma TV two weeks ago. The wife was out with her friend new clothes shopping for her new job. When I called and the friend said "She is spending like crazy and I can't stop her." I just said that thats fine, as she won't even come close to what I have spent on the TV and airplane! :)

Anyway, after a year out in the cold while in Newport, RI, when we looked for a new house the prerequisite was an unfinished basement for the project.

Take care,

Jim
cjensen wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: what do you think?? :bang: my truck is out in the cold...of course!

actually, brit will be trading that little sports car early this summer. she's decided we need another golden retriever, and wiley just barely fits in that car. so, it's off to buy a small suv. she's not happy about this, but it's another dog and a new vehicle or keep the car, and stick with one pup. she chose another pup. i'm looking forward to another one, but at $1000 for the pup, my eyes are still popping out of my head!!! :o oh well, i've spent 10 times that much in the last year or so, so i can't complain too much! :dunno:

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Two updates!

Post by cjensen »

i finally got around to drilling the holes for the rear spar angle bracket, and fabricating the clamping surface. here are some pics-

and the other update is...we traded the convertible last night. brit is sad, but really likes her new vehicle. we bought a GMC Envoy. that's gonna hurt the gas budget at $3/gallon!! it's a tight fit, but of course, she still gets the garage. she doesn't read the site, but happy anniversary today brit!! :luv:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support