Boelube

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
captain_john
Sparky

Boelube

Post by captain_john »

...is WONDERFUL!

I got some of the solid bar type stuff and it works GREAT! I had some sticky clecos that didn't grasp firmly for a lack of the spreader not retracting completely. I worked some Boelube into them and they are better than new!

I also used it on my heim bolts prior to threading them into the nutplates. Slicker 'an shi shi, I tells ya!

Does the liquid stuff work as well? I need to get some and try it!

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Heater777
Class G

Post by Heater777 »

I have two tubes of the stuff....now maybe I'm missing something :bang: or maybe I just got two "bad" tubes but it just seems to turn to powder and fall off the bit of anything I tried. I have used Kerosene for lubing my bits a per my high school metal shop....mainly in the thicker stuff, not on the skins.
Rick S.
RV-10

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Rick, It is the clecoes that won me over. I was about ready to pitch them in the trash after using WD and PB Blaster on them. PB is essentially Kero in a can. No luck at all. Then I pinched them into the Boelube a few times and they are BETTER than my other ones now!

Since then, I used them on nut plates and a few tools. Sucess again!

When comes to applying the stuff, it seems that it needs to be "worked" in until a thin "glaze" wears into the surface of the material.

Try it on some squeaky clecoes.

:oops: CJ
RV-7

jamie
Class G

Post by jamie »

Heater777 wrote:I have two tubes of the stuff....now maybe I'm missing something :bang: or maybe I just got two "bad" tubes but it just seems to turn to powder and fall off the bit of anything I tried. I have used Kerosene for lubing my bits a per my high school metal shop....mainly in the thicker stuff, not on the skins.
Yeah, mine does that too. Don't worry about it. It really works. What I've done is basically drilled straight down into it and whenever I'm drilling something, I insert the bit, spin it slowly with the drill and drag it out of the hole. This seems to keep a little more of the paste 'in the tube'. Also, last night I retapped my AEX tiedowns for my wings (I had previously not tapped far enough in). I used Boelube and, let me tell you....it was a piece of cake compared to the first time I did it.
Jamie D. Painter
RV-7 Wings N622JP (reserved)

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

One move vote for Boelube!! This stuff is awesome. Poeboy came over last night and we did some figuring and came up with some good reliable ways to countesink my spars and it involved Boelube. This stuff is great!! I highly recommend it :mrgreen:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

spike wrote:One move vote for Boelube!! This stuff is awesome. Poeboy came over last night and we did some figuring and came up with some good reliable ways to countesink my spars and it involved Boelube. This stuff is great!! I highly recommend it :mrgreen:
How are you using the Boelube for countersinking? It works well on the cutting edge too! Less chatter.

:) CJ
RV-7

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Exactly John. I lube up the hole a bit first and it helps set the cutter in the hole and stops chattering.
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I just got some Boelube PASTE... it is just as good as the solid and even more user friendly!

OH, the uses!

:lmao: CJ
RV-7

jim_geo
Class C

Post by jim_geo »

Hmm very interesting. :idea: