Avery Tools

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
nightflyer
Class E

Avery Tools

Post by nightflyer »

I just want to put in a quick plug for Avery Tools. Here’s the story: About a month ago, I was having some work done around my house. There was a crew of about a dozen guys all over the exterior. I was expecting a UPS delivery from Avery that Friday, to the tune of about $400.00 worth of tools. I checked UPS tracking on-line and found out that the package had been delivered just before noon (I was at work). As he had done many times before, the driver left the package on my front porch. This had always worked out well in the past.
Anyway, when I got home around 5:00 PM, the workers were gone, and my package was nowhere to be found. After searching, asking the neighbors, and even questioning the contractor, I couldn’t account for the disappearance of my shipment. My suspicion is, of course, that one of the day laborers who’d been there that Friday grabbed it. There’s probably $400.00 worth of tools in a Savannah-area pawn shop now; you could probably get a good deal if you want to go looking :( .
Well, my co-builder and wife got on the phone to Avery to find out if the shipment had been insured. The upshot of all this is that Avery sent me another set of the same tools, no questions asked, no shipping charge, NOTHING. I’m sure they’ve filed a claim with UPS, because I’ve had a couple calls from UPS to get the details of the story. I hope they do right by Avery. So, I have no reservations in recommending Avery Tools. They have reasonable prices, ship quickly, and go the extra mile to look out for their customers. Buy something from them!
Ben
RV-9A #90217
Empennage

Reheat
Class G

ditto

Post by Reheat »

I'll ditto Avery. My air drill crapped out shortly after I got it and they sent me a new one. Their kit is a great place to start as none of the tools they sent has been idle. I've added to the tools as I went along, but the kit will get you started.
8QB -fus