Sioux rivet gun

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
tshort
Class C

Sioux rivet gun

Post by tshort »

I ordered the 3X from avery; checked it out then sent it back for the following reasons:
1. It has a different size piston / "business end" so standard springs don't work - my flush swivel set didn't fit.

2. I really wasn't impressed with the "teasing" function of the trigger - it really seemed like all-or-nothing to me, which isn't good for flush AD3 rivets

That red powder coating sure does look cool, though.

Thomas

sioux rivet gun

Post by Guest »

If you have to have that brand of rivet gun, you might check Brown tool co. I bought a rebuilt cp 3x from clear air (Chicago pneumatic being a standard in the industry) and the trigger is sweet!! Avery and cleveland are too expensive on most of their products especially air tools. I will buy certain items from these guys, but if you shop around you can save some money. Money....mmmmmm.... :wink:

FLYBLUE
Class G

Thks

Post by FLYBLUE »

I just checked out Brown Tool and they are incredibly cheap. Thanks for the tip.

tshort
Class C

Post by tshort »

I returned the Sioux and got a CP clone 3x gun from planetools.com

It was a much better deal and I think the trigger is much better.

Thomas

wurger
Class G

sioux rivet gun

Post by wurger »

Their service is excellent too! :)

Post by Guest »

www.planetools.com also give you a lifetime warranty -- not that you will need it. If you havn't checked them out for a while you should visit their website. Thay have some really great buys on high-quality tools.