WEST SYSTEM EPOXY KITS

A place to discuss workshops and the use and desirability of tools.
stevewiz
Class E

WEST SYSTEM EPOXY KITS

Post by stevewiz »

Just wanted to let others know that I just purchased these products from my local Boat store today. The prices were the same as spruce but there was no shipping charges. Spruce wanted like $60 just for shipping.
Happy Building to all.
RV-7 N71SW reserved
Started on 10/8/2013
Working on Fuselage as of 5/10/15 95%done
started finish kit on 7/1/16
engine on order from Barett.Will be shown at their EAA booth and then delivered to us after show

bullojm1
Chief Rivet Banger

Re: WEST SYSTEM EPOXY KITS

Post by bullojm1 »

Steve,

I picked up my West Systems resin and hardener at a local boat store as well for the same reason - no silly HazMat fees. Which hardener did you go with? If you ever want any advice on fiberglass techniques, feel free to bounce them off me. I've made nearly every mistake known to man with fiberglass!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Mike Bullock
http://www.rvplane.com
RV-7 | Superior IO-360 | Whirlwind 200RV
Garmin GTN650 | GRT Dual Sport SX EFIS

stevewiz
Class E

Re: WEST SYSTEM EPOXY KITS

Post by stevewiz »

Mike, did not know how much to get so picked up a gallon of resin and a quart of both the fast and slow hardener. Were just finishing up kit #3 and thought we can start doing some of the glass work while waiting for the finale kit to arrive. Will most likely contact you if we have problems but will do a lot of research on web sites before we start.
RV-7 N71SW reserved
Started on 10/8/2013
Working on Fuselage as of 5/10/15 95%done
started finish kit on 7/1/16
engine on order from Barett.Will be shown at their EAA booth and then delivered to us after show