Paint Scheme

A place to discuss your primer & paint choices including using paint shops or doing it yourself.
itisgood
Class E

Paint Scheme

Post by itisgood »

Does anyone know of the ability to download RV7A template and use it to design the paint scheme?
Thanks
Dave

pgroell
Class G

On Van's website

Post by pgroell »

Have a look here :

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/downloads.htm

there is a .dfx file with templates for all RV models.
There is a link to a viewer if you don't have the software to read the file.
Pascal GROELL
Almost at first flight
RV-7A #72588
www.notreavion.net

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

I down loaded three drawings for my RV-6A from Vans. They were a side view, top view, and front view. I then developed my simple color scheme for my airplane. The Fuselage, Vertical Stab. Rudder, Wing tips, gear leg fairings and wheel pants were all painted red. The Wings, Horizontal Stab and Elevators were painted white. My Beautifull Wife who did the aupholstry for my airplane, insisted that I have the airplane painted by a professional(She had seen the paint job I did on several different cars) and that I get a vynl stripe for the center of the fueselage with the N number cut out. You can get a good idea of what my airplane likes like in you go to my gallery here on RB.

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

Thanks Guys for the help. I have drawings from Van's and I have been playing with them, but I was looking for a computer drawings. I will try the suggestions.
Dave