Greetings

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

Don P-Factor
Class G

Greetings

Post by Don P-Factor »

I'm new to the forum but have been dreaming of building a kit for the last 19years (bought a Hummel Bird info pack in 86'). I have finally decided to go for it. I got my PPL last year and am almost done with my Workshop Hangar (984sq ft). I was stationed out at Edwards as a T-38 Crew Chief from 85'-88'. Saw lots of neat Aircraft including the Voyager take off and Landing and the Michelob Light Eagle Human powered world record around the lake bed. B1, AFTI F16, MAW F111, F16XL. Cool stuff. Now I work at Kennedy Space Center at Pad B as a Quality Staff. Was Mechanical Technician for 12years in the VAB Stacking Boosters, Mating the ET and Orbiter. Everything becomes mundane after a while but we're getting pretty excited about the next launch. One of the things that keeps me going is talking about Kitplanes. Don.

nightflyer
Class E

Post by nightflyer »

Good to have you here Don, and high time you started building your own flying machine! With your background, the attention to detail and the care that are required to build a safe and successful airplane should be second nature. Lots of knowledge and information to be had around here; don't hesitate to ask! :welcome:
Ben
RV-9A #90217
Empennage

spikescopilot
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by spikescopilot »

:welcome: :newbie:

Welcome to the board, Don!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Spike's Co-pilot

http://www.nothingnoteworthy.com (Just another blog)