Sun N Fun Report

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

Welcome to RB Robbie!

For me airplanes, motorcycles, and fast cars are all alike. Once you get them in your blood they are hard to get rid of.

Looks like a fun time there CJ!

On another note, when we have the RB get together maybe CJ can bring lobster for all! :wink:
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Come help me hunt them and we will have enough to go around!

:wink: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

jimrobinette
Class E

Post by jimrobinette »

John,

I was very envious of you. While you were of sunning and funning, I was in central Russia living not quite as grand a life as you were. Oh well, at least YOU had fun!

Wish I could have joined you, but the US Government had other plans. I head back over next week.

Glad you had such a great time.

Jim

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

Pleasing to stay safe, capitalist pig, while in Russia.

Oh, and thanking for service to country. (He said in the worst Boris Baddinov imitation ever.)
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Jim, we need to get together soon and do some airplane building together!

:) CJ
RV-7

jimrobinette
Class E

Post by jimrobinette »

svanarts wrote:Pleasing to stay safe, capitalist pig, while in Russia.

Oh, and thanking for service to country. (He said in the worst Boris Baddinov imitation ever.)
Scott,

Thanks! At least when we go into Russia, it is on our own OC-135, so every day we fly it is like my own little piece of American territory. Something as simple as having 110 power for my laptop/ipod is a nice little reminder of home. When the Russians come here four times a year, we fly on their Tu-154. It is amazing the differences in our aircraft and how they are maintained.

And I can't say it enough, but every time I go to Russia, it is an "American appreciation tour"! It makes the team realize just how good we have it and that capitalism really does work.

I am sure it happens, but I can't imagine any Russian guy being able to build and fly his own airplane. Besides all the normal oppression, the ATC system is sooooo militarily controled that even we have problems with their military and ATC reps on board. We have the best system in the world here, and we should all appreciate the aviation freedoms we have!

jimrobinette
Class E

Post by jimrobinette »

captain_john wrote:Jim, we need to get together soon and do some airplane building together!

:) CJ
CJ,

Got to fly over your house in Mar on the TU-154! Granted, at 20K feet, but it was still over your house. The Russians may have even imaged it!

It is the flying season, so I have missions every month until Sep. So it doesn't look like I will be making it up to the Cape anytime soon. But...if you ever make it to DC, I am sure I can find a day to show you the sights. I will be out of the country last week in May, last week in June, mid July and last week in Sep. Come on down the the hot and muggy, traffic congested DC!

marcausman
Class G

Post by marcausman »

John, thakns again for the tie down. I meant to get back and tie the plane down, but then someone mentioned a few beers after the show and one thing led to another... hey, isn't that what airshows are all about!! :mrgreen:
Marc Ausman
Vertical Power
www.verticalpower.com
RV-7 Flying

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Marc,

You are welcome!

I understand ENTIRELY! Are you going to join us on Tuesday night at OSH this summer for a few of those airshow beers?

Not sure if you heard about it, but we have what seems to be a regular dinner at OSH each year. You are welcome to attend!

This year we will be at a place called the Black Otter.

:drink: CJ
RV-7

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

jimrobinette wrote:We have the best system in the world here, and we should all appreciate the aviation freedoms we have!
Amen bro, amen!
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD