Help me name my plane

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

lancef53
Class D

Post by lancef53 »

I went with something simple, i call my RV 8 "the RV". It follows our long history of clever names, we call our C-180 "the 180", and our 7CCM "the Champ".

Pretty tricky, but it works :)
RV 8
First Flight--4-3-2010

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Dang, simple "the RV" would have worked. too bad you already took it. :mrgreen:

I've always thought airplanes and boats need a name. We have a '57 Lee Craft mahogany boat named "Magna Adora", Kris's grandma bought it new. I hope to pass along the boat and my plane to my grand kids some day.
Brian
Townsend, MT

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

I think mine's going to be "Juliet Bravo" using Jamie and my initials. Not sure yet what numbers to put ahead of that. I like the way it sounds. I was hoping to get N622JB, using our anniversary of June 22nd and our initials, but it's a number that's already been taken.

But I'm talking N-number, not a name. I don't mean to change the direction of the thread. I don't have a clue yet about a name, if I even do it at all.
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

Randy Erwin
Class G

Post by Randy Erwin »

I just recently bought a beautiful flying -8 from Jeff Tompkins of Grants Pass. This is our first airplane ownership experience, and my wife and I have finally agreed on a name for it. We've decided to call it "The Money Pit" !! :lol:

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Spike needs to start censoring some of these posts. :( Fortunately my wife doesn't know about Rivet Bangers so she doesn't get some of this mis-information about airplane costing money :bang: :bang: :bang: Just think what a learning experince owning an airplane is! How many new works become a part of your vocbulary! :bang: In all honestly my wife has been amazed at some of things I have learned building an airplane that have been useful around the house. :)

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Bob Barrett wrote:...... In all honestly my wife has been amazed at some of things I have learned building an airplane that have been useful around the house. :)
and my wife is just hoping I start BEING useful around the house again someday
Brian
Townsend, MT

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

My wife still doesn't think I have become usefull around the house! There are just a few things I learned that have come in handy! Not near enough and not near often enough in my wife's mind. But a guy has to make use of the airplane to justify the small amount of cost involved! :)

danielhv
Class G

Post by danielhv »

I'm thinking about naming mine 'Wishfull Thinking' when the time comes. Dunno why... maybe it has to do with the excessive number of hours I've spent wishing this thing would build itself!! :D
RV-7
Empenage - DONE
Wings - Almost Done
Fuselage - ORDERED
http://www.danielhv.com

stanman
Class G
Location: 2123 Liberty...1 Lennie Av. Main Beach..Southport. 4217. Queensland.. australia

Lik Lik Baloos

Post by stanman »

I am thinking of naming my hopefully soon to be completed RV8..."Lik Lik Baloos"..which is Papua/New Guinean for.. 'little pidgeon'....I started my flying career over 40 yrs ago as bush pilot in the Territory of Papua/New Guinea.. (north of aussie)...where the natives call an aeroplane....a 'Balus'....a generic term covering most pidgeons or birds!...including some species of the 'Bird of Paradise'...(now!....there.s a name for you!!)...aussie slang gradually turned Balus ...to Baloos!!..(the real truth is....I wanted to call it Miss Piggy!..ie...a Pig with lipstick...so to speak!)...but my wife won.t allow it!.......rgds to all...stan
stanman...rv8...fuselage