Introduction

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

JimmyH
Class G

Introduction

Post by JimmyH »

Hello, I have been around this forum for a little bit, but I am looking to get more involved. As of today just started working on getting my PPL. :) I have done plenty of building and flying model airplanes , but that all changed when I went to airventure 2011. That was the first time I had ever been there and was just blown away by everything. I can also see that when I get my ppl done renting will be fine but expensive for a little while. I have decided that I would like to get into building. I purchased the vans preview plans for a vans rv-7 and have signed up for a sport air workshop up in Oshkosh at the end of January ( sheet metal basics) . I have alot to learn and will be asking alot of questions regarding my PPL and building . I have always wanted to do both and last year when I passed the age of thirty realized the clock is running and I had better get busy living. Anyway, my name is Jimmy and I look foreward to meeting everyone as I progress .

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Welcome to Rivetbangers Jimmy!

I'll meet you when you come up for the workshop in January. 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

smittysrv
Class D

Post by smittysrv »

Welcome Jimmy!

You've come to the right place!

JimmyH
Class G

Thanks

Post by JimmyH »

Thanks chad for telling me about the workshops , otherwise I would not have noticed those, I also signed up for the ( what's involved in kit building) . It would be great to meet you

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Welcome Jimmy! When I joined EAA 1989 I did not have a PPL and I was not able to start on PPL for three years. Since then I obtained a PPL, in 1993, Sttarted building an RV-6A which is now flying since 5/2009 but lost my medical in 2004. Get your license first, then carefully decide what type of airplane is practical and affordable for you. I most likely will be putting my airplane for sale in the Spring because I cannot justify the expense with out a medical.

Joe Parish
Class D

Post by Joe Parish »

Welcome Jimmy :!:
Joe
N525XC reserved
Empennage done
wings done
Fuse in progress
RV-9A

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Welcome dude :thumbsup: :welcome:

Its good to have you. Have fun getting that ticket. Its a great experience!!

John
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

JimmyH
Class G

Thanks

Post by JimmyH »

Thanks, I have a lot to learn but I am enjoying it already. I am going up two days a week and my instructor said that I should be done some time around august ( weather permitting) . :)

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Welcome to the Journey.

BTW you should try to be done by July...Independence day would make a great day to become free to roam about the country. :mrgreen:
Brian
Townsend, MT