EAA Young Eagles

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

captain_john
Sparky

EAA Young Eagles

Post by captain_john »

I am interested in knowing who here is involved in the program. When My -7 is done (or maybe sooner) I would like to become a part. As some of you may already know, I am a High School teacher and several of my students have expressed an interest in aviation. I can't help but nurture that idea! I know that my superintendent will question me about liability and such. I also know that the EAA has that all ironed out, but what do I tell him?

Another EAA Chapter (other than my own, but I will soon join it) has asked me to mention it around my school and I have agreed.

...just wondering what I may be getting into.

:? CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

I've flown Young Eagles in my RV-4. I haven't read the info too closely but the EAA does provide some liability protection. However, if a lawyer can write it, another lawyer can find a way around it. :evil: I can't give you much advice in that arena, sorry.

I have a friend who built and now flys an RV-8 who is coincidentally also a HS teacher and he flies YE's as well. I hope you don't let liability concerns put you off giving a kid the ride of a lifetime. It's been very rewarding for me. As a teacher you would probably find it much more so.