House renting for OSH.

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

Would you like to share/rent a house for OSH?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:26 pm

YES, I'll be there and would love to, tell me more.
17%
Maybe, not sure yet what my plans will be.
42%
NO, I won't be attending OSH this year.
42%

Total votes: 12

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

well, i'd be much more interested in it at that price. thanks for checking on this WS!! :good job:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

jim_geo
Class C

Post by jim_geo »

I've been thinking about staying from Sunday and leaving Saturday, If that's of any help to you. Of course my plans aren't even formed yet and wont be until there is more info; like can this even happen.

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I have posted the pictures of the house in my gallery. Check'em out!

-- John
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

All well and good but, who will be the lovely couple that wins this fine bunk area!?!

:lol: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

aparchment
Class C

Mine, mine!

Post by aparchment »

Dibs on the one on the left with the dolls!

AP

jim_geo
Class C

Post by jim_geo »

I love the paint scheme.
Last edited by jim_geo on Thu May 04, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mustang
Class E

Sorry, can't make it now

Post by mustang »

Guys,
I originally put my name down as a "For Sure" attendee. However, I have just been offered a job flying a Super Cub and a Beaver on floats for the summer. Need I say more??

Enjoy OSH for me wilya?
Cheers, Pete
Peter Marshall
Newbie RV-8 builder.

You wanna draw, ....against the fastest rivet gun in the West??? LOL

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE, I've talked the owner down on the house rental.
Please read below and if you can give me an updated head count on who's confirmed we can figure out how the break-out will work.
Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to us. We will accept your offer for $2500 given the fact you will not be staying over both weekends. We ask if you or anyone does extend their stay for both weekends that $3000 would be acceptable to us.

We feel that you will like the accommodations so well - you will see it's worth it. We look forward to meeting you and your group.

Please let us know if this is agreeable to you and we can talk details. Thanks!

Tim
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Well, that IS GREAT NEWS! I'm still interested, but can't commit quite yet. I just found out I may be able to use my uncle's road going RV for the week, and set up camp in Scholler. I should know soon, so keep me on the reserve list for now...
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

aparchment
Class C

details

Post by aparchment »

Hey Dave:

Could you clarify the details for us please. What days will the house be available (Sunday - Thursday?), are those of us who only plan to spend three nights welcome, sleeping arrangements, etc.

Thanks.

Antony

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

The house will be available from Saturday the 22nd, to Friday the 28th.

I realize not everyone is staying the whole week, and neither am I, but once we get a list together of whose coming and for how long I can post it.

As long as we can get enough people to make it reasonable for everyone to stay (cost-wise) I'm open to adjusting the price a little for each person based on the amount of days and type of sleeping quarters.

Sleeping quarters range from Master Bedroom, the pink bedroom (LOL) to couches/sofas, and if we need to, sleeping bags or cots.

I plan to stay from Sunday to Wednesday and if my wife comes along, then I'm taking the master bedroom for those days. (perk of organizing it) However, if she does not come, then another married couple is welcome to it.

Most likely, I will want a deposit from each person who is coming, that way I can reduce my out of pocket deposit that I will send to the owner prior to arrival.

Once we arrive, we can simply leave the remaining amount at the owners house by way of cash or check.. (depends on what he will accept.)

I'll have more details, once I know how many people are confirmed and I Iron out the details of payment with the owner. Also, we could pool costs for one or two rental cars for the week as well if that works for us.

One thing is for sure... It will be a rivet-bang'n blast of fun.
Dave "WS" Rogers
N173DR

Rupester
Class G

The OSH Rivetbanger Clubhouse

Post by Rupester »

At least three of of us will be in OSH for Wed thru Sat morning . There may be three more ... they haven't for sure committed yet. Right now I have two rooms reserved in a Best Western about 40mi from OSH. The cost per room with tax is about $120 to $130 per night , split between two guys. Looks like the cost of the house would be about the same. Kewl.
:)

Rupester
RV9A emp

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

Ok, I need to get some confirmed head counts on who will stay at the 1st annual Rivet bangers house party OSH 06.

The final agreed upon price will be $2,500 total for one week. The week starts on Saturday the 22nd and checkout time is end of day on Friday the 28th.

I'm hoping we can have 10 people who want in on this deal. This would bring the average price per person to $250 for the entire week. With hotels running around $140 per day (if you can find one), this is a good deal if you will be staying longer than 2 days. Not to mention we can have our own AC house with hot showers, and a few cookouts in the backyard overlooking the water.

Please e-mail me directly so I can start a checklist of confirmed occupants.
davidrgr@comcast.net

I'm going to speak with the owner later this week and get final details ironed out on rules and the in's and out's expected of us. If you have questions, please send them to me via e-mail directly, instead of posting here as I don't always check here as often as I should. I'll put those serious about it on a mailing list so we can all stay informed.
Dave "WS" Rogers
N173DR