Hello, I'm glad we can be here.

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

jim_geo
Class C

Hello, I'm glad we can be here.

Post by jim_geo »

Hello to all. I like so many others of you am interested in and plan to build one of the RV lines of aircraft. Monday Nov. 8 I had the opportunity to tour the Van’s Aircraft facility in Aurora Oregon. It’s all very impressive. I was able to sit in their 8 the 9 and the 9A which was actually my entire reason for going there. The factory tour was icing. I thought I would be able to finally nail down which plane I want to build and leave having bought a $50.00 plans set. No such luck, I’m maybe even a little more undecided than I was. Although I was 70% thinking an 8 was for me. My thinking now is that I may actually be in the long run happier with a 7 or 9. Currently I own a Cessna 152. That will be what I fly until my RV is ready. If a person wanted a short way to describe a C152, anemic says it all.

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Well, I never had the luxury of a factory visit. In fact, I started my empennage without ever haven ridden in an RV! Since then, things have only solidified my decision. Get the -7. It does it all for the ordinary sized person. The -8 sports more room for the tall and/or wide, but also apeals to the more "sport-minded" crowd.

Myself, I consider a sport-tourer... hence the -7.

...and yes, the 152 is anemic! I really had some fun spinning the Aerobat, but you can only do so many spins.

:yawn: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!