Learning to reach Zen...my polish thread

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Don't worry about it Chad that type of thing doesn't apply to those who drink fruity beer :mrgreen:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

RV7Factory
Beanpolt

Post by RV7Factory »

I'm just trying to help! :)
Brad Oliver
RV-7 | Livermore, CA
RV7Factory.com

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Learning to reach Zen...my polish thread

Post by cjensen »

Oh man...this is going downhill FAST!!!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Submitted via email

aparchment
Class C

Magnifying Effect

Post by aparchment »

LOL! Nice one Brad. With that setup, I just can't resist pushing this over the edge . . .

Can you elaborate on the position(s) that would be required in order for Mr. Jensen or his charming spouse the benefit of said magnifying effect? :evil:

By the way Chad, getting back on subject, I met a P51 owner who kept his ride polished. He said that once he was done polishing both sides of the plane, it was time to restart the first side. He dealt with the situation by having his son do the polishing in exchange for flight time. Looks like you need a son. See point #1 above. :mrgreen:

RV7Factory wrote:
flytoboat wrote:You could always store those wings hanging from your bedroom ceiling until they go on the airplane :wink:
The shape of the wing might even make things look larger than they really are. :o :evil: :mrgreen:

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Re: Magnifying Effect

Post by cjensen »

aparchment wrote:Can you elaborate on the position(s) that would be required in order for Mr. Jensen or his charming spouse the benefit of said magnifying effect? :evil:
NO HE CANNOT! :lol:
aparchment wrote:By the way Chad, getting back on subject, I met a P51 owner who kept his ride polished. He said that once he was done polishing both sides of the plane, it was time to restart the first side. He dealt with the situation by having his son do the polishing in exchange for flight time.

Guess he wasn't doing it right... :wink: Seriously though...a P-51 has probably four times the surface area of an RV...I'm not worried about re-polish frequency in the least.

Every one seems to be afraid of polishing, and I don't quite get that. Once it's polished, a re-polish is very similar to waxing paint. I'll guess I'll have to wait to see what it will be like, but I'm diving in head first!

8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Ok boys, innuendo is as far as it needs to go ....
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

RV7Factory
Beanpolt

Post by RV7Factory »

Oh c'mon Spike. You've never stopped us from talking about Chad's shortcomings before!

(OK OK, I'll send myself to the corner for that one)
Brad Oliver
RV-7 | Livermore, CA
RV7Factory.com