Any idea how much you have spent so far?

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

Do you keep track of your costs?

I can account for every penny
31%
I kinda keep track
50%
I have got no freakin' idea!
19%

Total votes: 26

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

aparchment wrote:Ummmm, yeah. Which explains why I don't have any ;-)
bruceh wrote:Would you track the costs of raising your children?
Being a teacher, I borrow other people's kids by the score. I don't need any of my own either!

hahahahah

:lol: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

weezbad
Class C

Post by weezbad »

cjensen wrote:I'm with Spike in that I can account for every expense down to the last penny. 'Course, I account for pretty much every penny we spend on everything. :wink:

I have a five or six page spreadsheet that I've built up to account for everything I've spent, and project what I will spend in the end. I look at it often enough, that at any given time, I can tell you within about $500 what I have in it, and what I expect to have in it after the DAR inspection.

I have to look at this three ways...one, it's a toy. Two, it's an investment. And three, in my case, it's a debt. Because of the last two, I feel I have to know what I have in it.

8)
chad youd be finished by now if you hadnt kept count......LOL
i saved the receipts...most of them...but i only counted it up when i sold it...when the receipts exceeded the sale price i quit...
william....don't let it beat you down, you are stronger than you think.

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Weez!!! Good to see your words man! How the hell are ya!!??
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

weezbad
Class C

Post by weezbad »

cjensen wrote:Weez!!! Good to see your words man! How the hell are ya!!??
doing pretty good. got some issues going on but thats the life of a cancer patient...flying r/c helicopters..micro to 50 size...what a blast that is..i can fly because i have a huge yard,neighbors think its cool....especially "the ones that smoke".i get three months at a time. but this last time some stuff came up and i have to get some cuttin done i suppose...i taught my son to fly rc planes. the simulator made it way to easy for him. took off and landed his plane after about 30 minutes of real flying time...several hours i guess of sim time. hasnt trashed one yet. i hope to see some of you guys get to do the first flights on your birds. i check in every so often and snoop around. I dont miss building yet but i do miss the airport and flying. good luck to you alland merry Christmas.
later william
william....don't let it beat you down, you are stronger than you think.