Headed to the airport for the start...

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

1:1_Scale
Class D

Post by 1:1_Scale »

Way to go Chad! :good job:

Your pics make me think that while I think the tipper is the sleeker looking canopy choice when it's closed, it seems a bit awkward when open. I wonder what it would take to make a forward sliding slider...... :headscratch:
Kelly
RV-7 Empennage done, wings done, fuselage to QB stage
1947 Stinson108-1 flying

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

Well your good go go if you have been landing em too...and if your insurance sez it is good...

Go Chad! Go Chad! Go Chad!
cjensen wrote:
Brantel wrote:Ok Chad, its time to get with the program and get that thing inspected and in the air!!!

You planning any transition training? or did you do some already?
I haven't done official transition training, but over that last year, year and a half, I have put about 12 hours of 7 time in and almost 20 in RV's overall. Not sure yet...
Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Yep, I've been landing them...the only diff is the constant speed prop on Jack's. I should be able to get some more current time in his and maybe Rob's before I fly mine, and I'm sure I'll float a bit on my first landing with the FP prop, but we have long runways here! :wink:

My insurance said no restrictions, no additional training needed, and I'm covered from first flight (thanks for the tip on Rob at AUA BTW!!).

8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

Great deal, since you have over 10 hours, that was all the originally required of me over 2 years ago. I blew through that way back there.

One thing I did not know on the insurance that kinda sucks.....Those underwritters are now placing a rider on the deductible while "in fight" during "phase I" to 10% of the hull value. Mine after phase I is on $100.......

They kindly fail to mention this when you are in the negotiation phase....Seams you have to buy insurance to truly understand what your policy covers and what it does not and what restrictions are going to be on it. If it is not in black and white on paper, don't believe it!!! My policy has like 25 endorsements to the original !!!

I know it is all about risk on their part but that seems a little on the shafty side....
Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

aparchment
Class C

Better late . . .

Post by aparchment »

I'm a little behind, so just saw this thread -- way to go Chad!

Man do I need to get a move on.
RV-7A Builder
Antony

stanman
Class G
Location: 2123 Liberty...1 Lennie Av. Main Beach..Southport. 4217. Queensland.. australia

First Start

Post by stanman »

Congrats Chad on first start!......your a/c looks great!...are yu going to polish it?...rgds ...stanman RV8 ...wiring...engine ..etc etc etc...
stanman...rv8...fuselage

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Congratulations Chad :) :) :) You look like you have the airplane ready to fly if you put the cowling on it! I know you can still have a lot of little things to do. It took me from 9/5/08 to 12/18/08 to get my inspection signed off after the first engine start on 9/5. Again congratulations and good luck on the first flight!

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Re: First Start

Post by cjensen »

stanman wrote:Congrats Chad on first start!......your a/c looks great!...are yu going to polish it?
Thanks stanman! I initially was going to, but getting the scratches I made along the rivet lines has proven to be a bit more laborious than I had hoped...I will be painted. Someday.
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Bob Barrett wrote:Congratulations Chad :) :) :) You look like you have the airplane ready to fly if you put the cowling on it! I know you can still have a lot of little things to do. It took me from 9/5/08 to 12/18/08 to get my inspection signed off after the first engine start on 9/5. Again congratulations and good luck on the first flight!
Yeah...those last few items are what is keeping me from making a prediction of when it will fly. When it's ready... :wink:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

Chad,

This is WAY COOL! Congrats!!! I can almost see your lift-off now on your first flight. Keep those pics coming!
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

Chad,

Wow! I get busy since last week and not check-in and looks what happens. Congrats - big time :yay:

Hopefully with the warmer weather, getting those last (hundred) tasks done won't be as difficult as it would have been in a cold hanger.
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)