TruTrak stops?

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

RVNewsletter
Class D

TruTrak stops?

Post by RVNewsletter »

I've had the Digitrack for the right wing for about 6 years, but with the wings being mounted, I'm just getting around to final installation. And, because I've had it so long, god only knows where all the parts are.

According to the TruTrack Digitrack installation guide:

To protect against this mechanical stops are supplied with the servos. These stops are drilled so that they can be mounted at different angles as required (18° intervals).
In addition to the proper use of the stop it is important to know the amount of travel on the primary control that
the servo can handle. With the push rod connected to the outermost hole (1 ½â€￾) the travel on the primary cannot
exceed 2 ½â€￾, the intermediate hole 2 1/16â€￾, and the inner hole 1 5/8â€￾.
It is important to note that the servo travel should be very nearly the same in both directions

I'm looking for an image or something of the servo that includes an image of what the stops look like that are to be installed, because I have no idea what the instructions are referring to.
Bob Collins
Letters from Flyover Country
http://rvnewsletter.blogspot.com/

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

It sounds to me like the stops are to be used to by mounting them to the servo body. Does that sound right? The rest of the language sounds like they are describing the limits of travel that the servo can be exposed to. Instead of telling you that limit based upon degrees of rotation, they are telling you that based upon which mounting hole in the arm you are using. Match that up to the amount of movement that your control rod needs and that will tell you which hole to use.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl