Wings!

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Or pull a new string with the cable when you pull with the old one.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

cbkillion
Class G

Post by cbkillion »

I put the tubing in the wing and they are just sitting in the pitot bay for now. I am going to wait a while to actually install the pitot so I don't break it off in transit.

As for the string, I made a loop: down through the conduit and back through the lightening holes and then tied the ends together so it can't come out.

This better be enough prep (and the more I think about it, the more I think it is) because I decided I can't procrastinate anymore on putting on the bottom skins because I have run out of other things to do.
- Brett
...Fuselage...?

www.rv8plane.com

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

So what's the status of your fuselage kit, Brett? Do you have it on order? Just curious. Keep up the good work!
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

cbkillion
Class G

Post by cbkillion »

Unfortunately no, it isn't on order. I knew I was PCSing at the end of this March and I just found out I am going to try out life on the east coast ~ I'm headed to the Baltimore/DC area.

I've planned it pretty much perfectly so that I finish the wings up just before the move. I just started looking for a house and got a realtor and all that jazz. Bowie, MD seems to be the best location so hopefully I can find a place with a garage that I can afford.

What I might do is order the fuse kit soon and just have them wait to ship it until I find a place. The only problem with that is the cost of a fuselage kit looks very similar to the closing costs on a house :(. However it goes, I think it'll end up alright, there just may be a slight hiatus in the build.
- Brett
...Fuselage...?

www.rv8plane.com