Spreading the joy

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

hydroguy2
Class B

Spreading the joy

Post by hydroguy2 »

I haven't flown in a few weeks and today I had time. I was planning on zipping to Cabin Creek (97MT) to meet with another boardmember, but that got cancelled. So what to do...what to do?

Oh yeah! my Daughter mentioned last week she has never been in my plane. I text her asking if she can break away for lunch. sure, meet you at 1130. Before I launched she text back, are we going to lunch or flying?

Flying Baby!!!! you can eat in your office! (BTW she's also my CPA, but told me I can't deduct the gas from todays trip)

So off to Bozo I went. She has flown in a 340 for work a few times and once with me in a 182, but never in a RV.
She loved it and now wants to take flying lessons. Heck she already has the big sunglasses

We flew down the river, then over the Elkhorn Mtns, landed at 3forks(9s5) for a soda, then back to BZN. She makes my plane look good.

Always fun to share the joy. This weekend both Kris and I have to work, but we are going to sneak away for a evening at Flathead lake. 45min flight after work friday, room overlooking the lake. Pancake breakfast fly-in the next morning at Polson (8s1), then home in time for 1200 work. Not really doable in the Honda........but Flying Baby oh yeah!
Brian
Townsend, MT

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Awesome Brian! Glad to hear she enjoyed it!!
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

That is sooo cool.

But, uh, tell me something. How is it that she is a product of you? *snicker*

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

dons
Class C

Post by dons »

That's what's all about Brian, bet she remembers that 'lunch' for a long time.
Don Sinclair
CYKF
RV-7A (Fuselage)

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Spike, Kris and I were part of a selective breeding program, top secret DNA stuff where they took the best from both of us and produced our children. I think most of it came from Kris.

1. first one was tall, good looking and math whiz...the CPA
2. 2nd one was shorter, again good looking, genius level IQ....she's a teacher
3. youngest also another physical specimen, athletic & brilliant mind...he's a...well....he's learning the hardway but coming around finally....hey it can't all be roses all the time.
:mrgreen:

Next week Jenny wants me to fly her to one of her clients business. 3 hr car one way or 1hr by RV. The things I'll do for lunch with my kids.
Brian
Townsend, MT

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

Brian, enjoy every minute of those flights with your kids. Also with your wife Kris, you never now when you might lose your medical or worse :bang: We had a nice flight to Elbow Lake, MN (Y63) and Dick the pilot gave a friend of mine a ride in my RV-6A. My friend had seen it under constrction but never put together. We went to lunch at the local cafe and since my friend was planning to pay ordered the cheapest thing on the menu a breaded pork chop dinner, with baked potato, carrots, and sweetened sour kraut. $4.95 plus coffee. Oh and persons over 55 got a free desert strawberry cake or fruit cuo. So the three of us all had desert and flew back to Clear Lake, MN (8Y6) The scenry (mountains) three old men were not as good as Brian's flight. The airport has a busy FBO with four full time employees and one part time. They are set up to service helicopters, floatplanes and SEL & MEL. Nice airport nice people and you could walk to the resturant but they also have an airport car.

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Hahahaha

Brian, sounds like you get that line A LOT and you have a great answer for it!

BTW, It sounds like your fourth offspring is doing almost as good as your kids!

Have fun flying, I know you do!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!