Cape Air

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

TomNativeNewYorker
Class D

Cape Air

Post by TomNativeNewYorker »

Was browsing for ticket prices to Boston and found this airline I never heard of before.

Anyway, I go to wikipedia to see what there is to know about them.

One statement left me kind of curious about the 402c Cessna they fly. It says that it carries 8 passengers (+1 in copilot seat when unused). Why would they not use a co-pilot. would it be wise to stick just any old passenger up front in the right hand seat? I guess if I were a paying passenger, it would be a good ride sitting up front.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Air#Fleet

[/quote]

jimpappas
Class E

have fun

Post by jimpappas »

I flew them several times and the pilots are great.

I got to sit in the right seat, carefully not touching anything but on comms with him which was fun.

on another flight I got the **** scared out of me because before I could jump up there a drunken tourist jumped in and he was passed out before we went wheels up which was the best of a bad situation.

Problem was when we came in to land everyone on board was afraid of what he would do so I switched to a seat behind him and when we went wheels down he jerked awake as we expected and I made darn sure he didnt instinctively grab anything to see where he was!

We made it there safely and the pilot was clearly pissed at himself and swore he would not do that again!

Other than that one bad deal it was a blast, its like our planes they fly lower and you see more and if you can get right seat if they still allow it after the drunk you get to learn about the aircraft and some local flavor.
Jim Pappas
Former RV6A Owner
jimpappas13@gmail.com
843-901-8224

Beata Bennett 843-901-8264
Kiawah/Seabrook Islands Real Estate Sales
gethomes@sbcglobal.net
Kiawah Island, SC

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Yup, many of my flight instructors have used Cape Air as a stepping stone in their careers!

I am thinking that it might be a fun way for me to spend my summers after the RV is done. I plan on using the RV for some of my training and then I will need about 200 hours in twins before they would consider me. I am sure that they would like to have someone like me on staff, being a high school teacher. Summers off during the busy season for them, I won't need benefits and the low pay really wouldn't be a problem.

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!