Meigs fly-in Saturday

A forum for the proverbial airport bum who just wants to talk about anything and everything related to flying. Introduce yourself here !!

Are you going?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am

Yes
50%
Maybe
No votes
No
25%
Yes, if I can get my balloon chair up.
25%

Total votes: 4

Lycosaurus
Class G

Meigs fly-in Saturday

Post by Lycosaurus »

Flash Mob.

Sorry for the short notice.... Meigs fly-in tomorrow. Once in a lifetime event. We plan to be there. I was told that I do not need to file a flight plan or pre-arrange US customs even though we are flyin in from Canada. CBP said that they will just meet us there, and since there is no fuel on the grounds, they are willing to let us siphon some from their cruiser. :grin:

https://www.meetup.com/NEPilotsGroup/ev ... 7&https=on

Who's in? :evil:

Alfio

Saturday, April 1, 2017
12:00 PM

Meigs Field (KCGX)
1400 S Lynn White Dr, Chicago, IL (map)

One of our most ambitious fly-in events! The Northeast Pilots Group cordially invites you to join us as we visit this historic field on the lake in Chicago!

The plan is to meet at noon at the FBO, which means a somewhat early departure for many of us, but well worth it! We'll stroll into town and possibly meet the inculpable former Mayor-For-Life Richard J. Daley!

Following that, join us for our fly-in rampside barbecue at O'Hare (KORD). This is a great opportunity to practice touch-and-goes as you can probably get in 3 or 4 in a row without leaving ground effect thanks to the 13,000 foot RWY14R/32L!

This will truly be an experience never to forget! Hope to see you there!

Flight Notes: Use the DALEY Arrival route. The IAF is the JERKK intersection, which happens to coincide with the former mayor's house. The MCA (Maximum Crossing Altitude) is 150'. From there, follow the STAR to the field.
Alfio
RV-9A, first flight Dec. 18, 2008
TT (tach) over 800 hrs.
Ottawa, Canada

catmandu
Class G

Re: Meigs fly-in Saturday

Post by catmandu »

Not for me, the Gyro fly-in on Capitol Hill sounds like more fun! :roll:
Mike @ W29 & KMEV
RV-6A SOLD
Super-8, say no more

Vlad
Class E

Re: Meigs fly-in Saturday

Post by Vlad »

Oh man a good one thanks Alfio! I even got my cognac out of sight and fired up Flightplango... Till I saw the date... April Fools Day... you got me. Mikey you are even worse... :lol:

RV-9A N666BK flying 4,500+ hours since 2011