Anybody workin on a 4?

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 4.
Tom Harp
Class G

Anybody workin on a 4?

Post by Tom Harp »

Been draggin', but fiinally got back to the project...I need to know if anybody else out there is buildiing a 4? I've run into a questiion about the baggage ribs in the fuse.
Thanks
Tom H.

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

It's been about 7 years since I was building my RV-4 but I might be able to help answer your question. Shoot!
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

Tom Harp
Class G

4 Question

Post by Tom Harp »

Hi Scott
What I'm wondering about are the two rearmost baggage compartment floor webs. The two in the middle, don't seem to be lining up with the bottm contour of the fuse overall if they are flushed out with the 3/4" angle that the baggage floor it self will attach to. The rear spar carry through is not in yet, ..Is there something I will come to later that will make this work out? All the other bulkhaeds seem to be lined up at this stage. Regards
Thanks
Tom H.

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

Are you talking about the two main support structures that kind of form a "V"? I believe they come together just forward of the bellcrank that attaches the pushrod to the elevator. If so, just make sure they are flush with the outer skin of the fuselage. You can always add shims to the tops to bring the baggage compartment floor up flush with the side angles. Make the outside look good, and shim on the inside.
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

Tom Harp
Class G

4 Question

Post by Tom Harp »

No it's the two center seat webs just ahead of the "v". They attach to bulkhead 7. I mistook when I said baggage comp.I see what you mean though. Luckily I haven't riveted them to the angle at theitr top side, so I can angle their fronts to follow their neighbors. .It just didn't look right at first to do that.
Thanks Scott
Tom H.