builders tips

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 4.
Ronald Sutton
Class G

builders tips

Post by Ronald Sutton »

Rear seat back location/ drawing Ser #32.
The rear seat back assy- Detail "B"rear seat back attach, full scale dwg. #F433 location can be moved aft, or back about 3.5 inches to rest flush and parallel on the baggage compartment bulkhead #407. The upper fiberglass part #F433C can be cut and fitted flush to the top of the baggage bulkhead #407 and riveted in place to the seat back #433B up right sheet metal and rails. This will ensure the entire rear seat back will fit flush all the way around the baggage bulk head #407.
This will eliminate the rear seat and passenger from collapsing into the baggage compartment during 2 or higher "G" forces. by doing this it will give the passenger a more up right posture, and greater leg room.
The rear passenger CG location will move back, or aft, about 2.00 inches. from 107 inches to 109 inches. Check your weight and balance with the new passenger location against your existing passenger CG at full gross weight. I used 170 lbs as a passenger weight.
On my RV4 180 Lyc with an aluminum fixed pitch prop, at full gross, moved my CG back 0.210 inches; well with in the aft CG limit :) Yaw String
I built a Witman tailwind 1972
i built a RV4 1991
I bought a RV4 2012