Baffle Blues

A place to chuckle at yourself and share lessons learned the hard way.
Dan A
Class D

Baffle Blues

Post by Dan A »

Well, Yesterday, I found out (again) that you really need to read both the fine print as well as the drawings. I found a descripency between the baffle plans and the drawings. The drawings for the front floors show a 3/8 in gap from the cowl edge to the baffle floor to allow for installing the cowl so I cut the floors to match. The plans says to trim the floors in the front of the floors at the back edge of the cowl intle lip just enough to prevent interference. Of course I read the plans after the fact when things didn't look right. :bang: You can make mistakes even when you think you are almost finished and are past that stage!! New floors are coming. (It's only money :x )
Dan

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

How is this going Dan?
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Dan A
Class D

Post by Dan A »

Spike,
I got the new baffle floors yesterday and have them fitted and trimmed so the cowl fits properly. Now I will finish trimming the side panels and move on to attaching the sealing material. I mounted my oil cooler behind No. 4 cyl. and added extra bracing as I have the large cooler for the hotter clims. I think it should be okay. I will then glass in the wind screen and finish up a few items I haven't done. I think I will fly her before I paint her but am still out on that. I should be taking her to the airport (KFFS) within the next few weeks for final assembly. Yes, I am anxious to get her in the air!! :lol: :lol:
Dan

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Looks like you are going to be the first "first flight" from our group here. Congrats :thumbsup:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl