Whirlwind's 3 bladed model 151

A place to discuss different propellers and their pros & cons.
captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Well, it seems that people are having trouble with the hubs cracking on the WW's.

They also were not present at OSH.

From what I hear on the YAHOO! group, they aren't that easily reached by telephone.

For these reasons, I am now looking towards Aero Composites.

http://www.aerocomposites.com/

I know that these are yet, even PRICIER... but I am still willing to put my money down for something that is quaity.

Does anyone have any user commentary on the Aero Composites?

They look nice and talked a great story at OSH!

8) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Dan A
Class D

Post by Dan A »

Hey CJ,
The problem with the WW props isn't the prop but the bracket that the spinner attaches to. I think it is a flaw in the way the spinner fits on the hub and the how it flexes on the backing plate. They have a doubler that is supposed to fix most of the problem but it still needs refining. My prop is a 200RV and man does it perform!! But the bracket cracked in 10 hrs and I put the doubler in as designed. So I am going to try a different approach. Don't know for sure what but I'll think of something.
The company is trying to come up with a fix and they are really not that bad. I did talk to them a couple of days ago and they are very interested in making the customers happy. They are sending new brackets for my spinner.
FWIW those are my thoughts and experiences with Whirlwind/ Titan aircraft.
Glad you all had a good time at OSH. I hope to be there next year.
Dan

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Thanks for the reply Danno, but my interest has now turned to AC. I want to give them due diligence.

I will still keep an eye on WW, but with a critic eye based on the people I have heard from on the WW YAHOO! group.

Glad you are happy.

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!