Van's Newsletter is BORING!

A forum to report your experiences with vendors specific to the homebuilt community.
captain_john
Sparky

Van's Newsletter is BORING!

Post by captain_john »

Am I the only one who thinks this?

I mean, sure... anything that says RV on it is better than watching Oprah, but the RVator has no pizazz, tech tips, new tricks, how to build this part stuff or even a trivia question!

I am not subscribing this year as a protest!

What do you think? Could the RVator be done better? I think so.

:roll: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

I didn't even read the last one. I flipped thru it, and skimmed the flight reports, but yeah, it's boring.
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

I am thinking, colorize it.

Maybe also add in a section where they feature an employee whom you may talk to one time or another.

Do a featured builder/plane or something!

I dunno. It needs an overhaul... BADLY!

:( CJ
RV-7

svanarts
Air Marshall

Post by svanarts »

I agree. Back in the day when the RVator had plans revisions and building tips it was invaluable. After I flew my RV-4 I didn't find any value in continuing my subscription so I didn't renew it. I just recently resubscribed but I haven't received any issues yet. You confirmed my suspicions though. Actually, I find the RV Builders Hotline FAR more informative and entertaining. At a cost of FREE it is the BEST bargain in RV building. I hope it stays that way.
Scott VanArtsdalen
Token Heretic
Nirvana Rodeo / Dudek Universal
S-6ES N612SV - GONE but not forgotten
RV-4 N311SV - SOLD

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

It kills me because, if they made it better it could be useful to us and a selling tool to boot!

Right now, it is useless.

:( CJ
RV-7

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Im not shocked that you guys think this. I get it, and read it generally front to back in an hour or so. I find the content pretty good sometimes. Mostly when its technical or has an update on a new product etc.

I think that Vans has shown us many times that what they really care about is creating great performing planes at a reasonable cost. The other stuff isn't nearly as pronounced on their radar.
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

JohnR
Class B

Post by JohnR »

I would agree that it is not all that exciting. It is a good thing that Van's have a great product because they sure aren't a marketing company. If they were I think they would sell a lot more kits but I'm not sure more planes would get completed. Maybe it is good they aren't spending a lot of money on the markting side as we would be the ones paying for it in the long run. :roll:

With that said it would be nice if it was a little higher quality and more interesting when it got here.

Besides who has time to read anyway! Spare moments are supposed to be used to work on the airplane. :o :wink:
JohnR
RV-7A - Fuselage - SOLD, just not supposed to be
Numbers 6:24 - The LORD bless thee, and keep thee