Review of my Flightline Interior basic interior package

A forum to report your experiences with vendors specific to the homebuilt community.
Brantel
Class B

Review of my Flightline Interior basic interior package

Post by Brantel »

I would like to post some pics of my new Flightline Interior basic (frugal) interior package. Let me just say up front that Abby is a joy to work with! We communicated 100% via email throughout this process and I am very satisfied with the results!

I chose to go with the basic interior package that Abby customized for the parts that I wanted. I purchased my seat foam as a second hand (unused) set of the Van's seat foam. Abby had no problem with me shipping the foam to her for the upholstery job.

I decided to just do the seats along with the wedge and boosters, stick boots, arm rest pads and main and baggage area carpet.

Here is a pic of the set all layed out.

The carpet. She includes very light foam but stiff foam insulation that goes under the carpet in between the stiffeners and the center cover to bring it all up to the same plane.

One of it sitting in the cockpit..

Here are some detail shots of the work she does. Very high quality heavy grade fabric with some serious stitching. Great work around the zippers and the seams. She added this accent colored piping to the design for me. She also included this nice swoose design. in the field of the seat.

She builds in this flap that gets attached to the back underneath of the seat back. This prevents the seat from wadding up under you when you slide into the cockpit.

She puts in these pull cords to pull the corners of the covering up into the shape of the foam.

And installs an additional layer of skrim foam on the covers to protect the main foam and to provide fluff for the embossing.

Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

Here are the "accessory" parts that she did. The wedge goes under the main cushion and the other booster is optional. Abby sews in velcro that is designed to allow all this stuff to stick together and be able to be removed at will.

Another shot of the work...

Here is a shot of the padded arm rest covers. These are not just a piece of foam with fabric. They are made onto some sort of lightweight board. Abby includes a flap that is installed over the bottom metal of the armrest.

Here are the included stick boots. Very nice! Abby includes a zipper and a preinstalled zip tie for the top. The bottom has sewn in velcro and their is some sort of nice smooth silky looking fabric sewn to the inside for a very finished look.

Last edited by Brantel on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

Last but not least is the floor covering. I bought the front and rear parts of the package. She also sells a middle piece that I elected to pass on. This is very light weight. The carpet has a weive that looks like the fuzzie side of velcro. Abby bound the edges for me and installed heal pads. This kit is all precut to shape and includes cuttouts for the standard locations of items like the vent line bulkheads.

These snaps come with mating fasteners to secure the carpet to the spar area to prevent the carpent from pushing forward when entering and exiting the plane.

Overall I am impressed with what I got for the money. I am on a frugal build plan so this fits with that plan very nicely.

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Thanks for the review Brian! Makes me feel even better about the order I placed with her yesterday! I've heard NOTHING but great things about FL Interiors, and Abby's craftsmanship.

She spent a good 15-20 minutes on the phone with me yesterday to go over stuff, and I look forward to the "editing" process that we're about to embark on.

Looks great man!!!

8) 8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

RVNewsletter
Class D

Post by RVNewsletter »

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm trying to find how the baggage pieces are secured to the baggage bulkhead. Getting a nutplate in there seems problematic with the corrugated pattern on the bulkhead.
Bob Collins
Letters from Flyover Country
http://rvnewsletter.blogspot.com/

leffler
Class E

Post by leffler »

RVNewsletter wrote:Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm trying to find how the baggage pieces are secured to the baggage bulkhead. Getting a nutplate in there seems problematic with the corrugated pattern on the bulkhead.
I have the same issue on my RV-10. What I was planning is to use is a thin strip of aluminum to bridge the valley, so to speak, then bend it to conform to the corrugation and rivet it to the bulkhead cover. Then adding a nutplate to the new strip is straight forward.

If you discover a new method, I'm all ears. I'm attempting to get all my interior work completed before OSH.

Hopefully you can find a CFI that is willing to go to OSH with you to show off your new paint job.
Bob Leffler
RV-10 - Flying
http://mykitlog.com/rleffler

TomNativeNewYorker
Class D

Post by TomNativeNewYorker »

what about using a rivnut?