Update on my Dynon system issues....

A forum to report your experiences with vendors specific to the homebuilt community.
Brantel
Class B

Update on my Dynon system issues....

Post by Brantel »

For those that were following these threads:

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/s ... hp?t=51615

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/s ... hp?t=51396

Here is an update on where I am at with the issues experienced with my brand new Dynon D100/D120/HS34/AP74 system.

Once I had done all of the troubleshooting that I could do, I contacted Dynon support and received assistance from Mike. After trying a few things Mike decided that this was not a setup or end user issue and he promptly issued an RMA and decided that since this system was new out of the box that Dynon would pickup the freight back to them.

So I boxed the entire system up and sent it out there.

On the way out there, Robert Hamilton, Sales and Marketing Manager of Dynon picked up my case and took ownership of ensuring that my system was diagnosed and ran thru their process as quickly as possible.

I received many emails from Robert along the way and he was updating me at every step. I even received emails from him all thru the Holidays.

Turns out that Dynon's techs were able to recreate my issue and then set out to finding the root cause. The RS485 transceiver chips were changed out and the system was ran thru a battery of test and the issue was not resolved.

At this point Robert made the call to replace my D100 (the unit causing the issue) with a brand new unit.

Dynon ran the replacement along with the rest of the system back thru the battery of test including some aggressive temperature functional test that are way more extreme than normal systems are subjected to. Apparently the issue was solved as Robert stated that the system performed as expected.

Robert ensured that my system was NDA'ed back to me and he emailed with tracking numbers on Monday. Yesterday I received the units and will reinstall them in the aircraft this Thursday.

The point of the book listed above is to show what good customer service is worth. Robert went above and beyond to ensure that I was taken care of with my issue.

I will report how the system performs in the aircraft. I do not expect to see any cold boot or firmware update issues after all this testing.

Thanks Dynon, Robert and Mike for all your help in getting my system fixed and turned around so quick right in the middle of the Holidays and your new launch of the Skyview system!
Brantel (Brian Chesteen),
RV12-IS, #121606, N912BC - Building Now!
RV10, #41942, N????? - Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB - SOLD

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Good Service should always be praised. WTG Dynon
Brian
Townsend, MT

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Good on them!

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

lancef53
Class D

Post by lancef53 »

Good to hear! I am suprised they didn't talk you into a skyview.
RV 8
First Flight--4-3-2010

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

lancef53 wrote:Good to hear! I am suprised they didn't talk you into a skyview.
No way. That thing has some growing to do before I would bite. I had to make an entry point into the avionics world a year ago if I was ever going to get this thing flying so that is what I did. Dynon was what fit my need and budget.

In a few years if I decide I want to redo my panel for some additional horsepower, I will take a look at what is out there and stable at the time and go for it.

I currently have a lean mean VFR cross country machine that will be a blast to fly!

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Brantel wrote: ..... had to make an entry point into the avionics world a year ago if I was ever going to get this thing flying so that is what I did. Dynon was what fit my need and budget.
................I currently have a lean mean VFR cross country machine that will be a blast to fly!
Well said. I'm on the similar path.

I found a guy upgrading to Skyview, His D180 has never been powered up.....here's the best part....got it for the trade-in price. :)
Brian
Townsend, MT

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

hydroguy2 wrote:I found a guy upgrading to Skyview, His D180 has never been powered up.....here's the best part....got it for the trade-in price. :)
Cool! There will be some great deals on used D1?? stuff for a while!

Brantel
Class B

Post by Brantel »

After a cold soak in the cold hangar for a few days below 20°F, I ran my system last evening for about 2 hours and had no issues with anything.

Thanks Dynon!!!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Most excellent! :thumbsup:
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl