Aircraft Spruce

A forum to report your experiences with vendors specific to the homebuilt community.
captain_john
Sparky

Aircraft Spruce

Post by captain_john »

I have heard that Aircraft Spruce has been difficult to work with from some people. Today I just opened a package of a variety of AN fittings from them. As my luck would have it, one fitting was the wrong size. It was the correct type, only TWICE as big as I needed it.

The error was on the contents. The label read correctly. Upon calling, I was fearful that it would be difficult to explain this one over the phone. Brenda from Spruce was knowledgeable and cooperative. It seemed that she knew about the problem and is shipping out the correct fitting, gratis. My guess is that I am not the only one who got the wrong fittings!

Overall, a positive experience!

:mrgreen: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

i've had it go both ways. they sent me the wrong sound deadening material once for my cherokee, and said that's what i ordered, but did exchange it with some fuss. i've also ordered other things, such as a tail strobe and EGT gauge and had no problem whatsoever. i've just been able to find almost everything they sell at better prices elsewhere.

:dunno:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Well, I didn't shop around. I am sure the price could be beaten, but the website is really easy to use.

This time, I am pleased.

I will keep you posted!

:roll: CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!