LACK OF INTEREST???

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 12.
CaptainWacoal
Class G

LACK OF INTEREST???

Post by CaptainWacoal »

I realize everyone has a life outside of aviation, myself included, but what gives here? This website says that I made the LAST post on it, AND THAT WAS 2 YEARS AGO!!! WHAT GIVES??? Is this website DEAD and no one bothered to tell me????
-JK-
-Retired FAA/A.T.C.: SFO Tower & Bay Approach (renamed NORCAL Approach in 2002)
-Owner of a C-150/150 Texas Taildragger/Aerobat
-RV-12 kit: Empennage, Both Wings, Flight Controls, & Fuselage complete. Working on "Finish Kit"

CaptainWacoal
Class G

Re: LACK OF INTEREST???

Post by CaptainWacoal »

SORRY..... I am referring to RV-12 posts. There obviously are posts regarding other models. Is there no longer any interest in the RV-12 since the basic-med passed congress?
-JK-
-RV-12 kit: Empennage, Both Wings, Flight Controls, & Fuselage complete. Working on "Finish Kit"

CaptainWacoal
Class G

Post by CaptainWacoal »

Van obviously hasn't lost interest in the model, as he recently made some MUCH appreciated changes in the RV-12, exchanging the standard engine from the Rotax 912 ULS to the Rotax 912 IS Sport, a much improved change, IMHO (in spite of the $5000 increase in price). Anyone else agree or disagree?
-JK-

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Hello JK, I like your enthusiasm! To the best of my knowledge I don't think anyone here other than yourself is building at 12.

As a seven Builder the twelve is so different I really cannot offer much advice as to its construction. However I do know some friends that do not correspond in this board that are building or have built one.

This board is the small-town version of the other one. We are all close friends and you are certainly welcome here!

You can be our token 12 Builder and tell us how it goes!

Keep us posted!

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

CaptainWacoal
Class G

Post by CaptainWacoal »

Hello Again Everyone, (in particular); (Captain John),

It has been another two years and, a positive by-product of Covid in my life is my progress on my "12" project. Just finished the fuselage and started on the Finish Kit. Ordered my engine months ago and still awaiting notification of shipment. My engine reportedly "went to shipping" last month.

As far along as I am on the project, it's AMAZING how much an individual learns from progressing thru the construction manual. Simply amazing installing the different systems, ie, fuel system, (tank and lines), brake system, from the toe-brakes to the landing gear "stubs", awaiting to be connected to my upgraded Grove Brakes at a later time, flight controls, etc. Still enjoying the "build" immensely. Look forward to every day going to the airport and to my hangar to face another day of "building and overcoming minor construction-hurdles." Gotta love retirement! JK
-JK-