stabilizer ends

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 12.
stabilizer tips
Class G

stabilizer ends

Post by stabilizer tips »

i designed stabilizer tips for a friend's RV-12 and they turned out really nice.
after flying with them we have not noticed any difference in the way the aircraft handles.
let me know what you guys think about them.
here is the link for the pics.
photobucket.com/albums/tt123/young-oak

youngoak@yahoo.com
Last edited by stabilizer tips on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

So who are you? Nice to join the board but not sure that the drive by advert is going to get you very far with the members.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

stabilizer tips
Class G

spike,
i'm just a guy that likes building stuff for myself and friends.
didnt know this site was a popularity contest.

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Its not a popularity contest. Actually, its pretty much the antithesis of one. To that extent most people around here take each other at face value and many have gotten to know each other over time, including vendors such as the g3i guys, Mahlon from Mattituck, etc.

I'm just pointing out that a first post offering services, from an unknown face, and a still unknown name might be a hard sell. Do with it what you wish.

Spike

stabilizer tips
Class G

Hey Spike, my name is Clint I'm 28 I make all kinds of stuff out of plastic , metals and wood but mostly plastic motorcycle accessories with the occasional odd job for friends and family. I have been a pilot for about 3 years now and really enjoy the time i get to fly. Flying was never a dream of mine but with my Mom and Dad both being pilots it was bound to happen sooner or later. I spent most of my childhood flying around with my Dad going to meets with little clubs and such. I knew how to fly and land a plane when i was young, very young. i did my first landing without my dads help when i was 9 years old. i have been around planes my whole life working on them and helping my Dad around the shop. Even though I was able to fly young I never felt the need to get my pilots license because I didn't fly anywhere alone but when my pop turned 73 he lost his medical and had to revert to a sport license and got a new sting sport I remember when i saw it for the first time it was awesome especially the avionics. After checking it out for a bit we went up, while we were flying I asked him what he was gonna do with the piper? he then told me that it was mine. i got hooked me up with an instructor and soloed the next week. the rest is history i guess I now fly almost every weekend, mostly just down to the coast to go fishing and scuba diving.
i have made all kinds of aircraft parts seat backs, dash boards, wing tips stabilizer tips, the fuel selector cover for the older bonanza v35 the center console kick panels, door panels the plastic high liner for my friends talorcraft most the stuff i make is OPP's i am not PMA certified ( mainly cuz i dont want to deal with the paperwork and i prefer to make my own drawings. i can make parts that are better than the originals most of the time and can knock off any plastic part in minimal time. if there was such a thing as a professional mold man i guess i would be it i have never come across a project that i cant handle with the exception of not having the right machine to do it. most everything we do at my factory is vacuum forming and injection molding. i can ramble on and on about where i have been and what i do but i hope this answers your question about who i am.

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

Hey Clint,

Welcome to R'Bangers! Hang around a while and you'll find this is the greatest place on earth with some of the best people you'll find anywhere. Your work sounds fascinating, and I'm sure many people here would like to see more. Your experience sounds extensive, and valuable. Just take your time and get to know us. It's worth it all. Good luck to you!
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

captain_john
Sparky

Post by captain_john »

Clint, I like the looks of your stab tips!

If I were building a -12 you would have a customer with me.

:) CJ
RV-7
Garmin G3X with VP-X & a TMX-IO-360 with G3i
It's all over but the flying! 800+ hours in only 3 years!

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Sounds like you have a lot going on. Welcome to the group! :welcome:

Spike

stabilizer tips
Class G

hey gang thanks for the welcome i usually dont get on the computer very much but when i do i will make sure to stop in and see what the new buzz is.
thanks again and everyone fly safe

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Welcome to Rivetbangers Clint. Your tips look great! If you get to Oshkosh for the fly in, plan an evening with us with an empty stomach on tap!

8)
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com