Breakfast or lunch this weekend?

A place to plan social gatherings, flying events, etc.
papakeith
Class D

Breakfast or lunch this weekend?

Post by papakeith »

Anyone care to fly out to breakfast or lunch this weekend? Sat, Sun, Mon? If Monday, we'll need to make sure that the restaurant might be open. Right now I'm thinking KFIT or KBID, but I could be talked into somewhere else.
-------
RB's #1 heretic
www.bearhawk949.com

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

I have Sunday and Monday open for flying.

Give me a ring on Saturday afternoon, anytime after 15:00 and perhaps we can put some sort of rendevous together for either Sunday or Monday.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

papakeith
Class D

Post by papakeith »

Dave and I spoke today. Looks like Orange at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

I know it's late notice. But, you never know. . . some early bird might be looking for somewhere to go on a Sunday Morning.
-------
RB's #1 heretic
www.bearhawk949.com

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

The morning's weather was great. Had a 20 kt headwind going up, but it was a relatively smooth ride all the way there.

Breakfast was packed, line out the door, but thanks to CJ for reserving some seats.

Ride home at 5,500 was very bumpy :( but it was reasonably smooth down low...go figure..

Anyway it was a great little trip and I had fun. Looking forward to doing it again.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

papakeith
Class D

Post by papakeith »

What a great morning.

Nothing like a 200$ short stack of blueberry pancakes to start a Sunday morning! :o :mrgreen:

Like WS said, the ride up was glassy. The ride home was a bump fest. I tried 3500 and found it a bit better at 5500 although it was far from the smooth ride we had heading up to Orange.

Paula now has almost 5 hours in the right seat now. She has become comfortable enough that she wanted a full meal at the restaurant. I even got her to fly the airplane for a couple of minutes. She will deny that she was actually flying the plane but she really was(kinda). :good job:

We'll have to do this again soon.
-------
RB's #1 heretic
www.bearhawk949.com