Otter 2011 request. Please read!!

A place to plan social gatherings, flying events, etc.
painless
Class C

Otter 2011 request. Please read!!

Post by painless »

For those of you going to the otter, as well as any guests you are bringing:

The Otter called me with a request to get a guage of how many people in our group are planning to have the prime rib and what size. Apparently they get busy during EAA week for some reason (who knew?!!) and they want to be assured they can provide prime rib to all that desire it.

So here's the deal. Again, the queen cut is 32oz and the king is 64oz. You guys that want the larger sizes (yes for the noobs, there are larger cuts available) are on your own. Find out from your guests if they are going to order prime rib, decide if you will order it, as well as the sizes, and let me know by 5:00pm Sunday, the 24th.

They request that the order is held with a credit card, and if the actual number/size of prime rib ordered Wednesdsy is less than that ordered Sunday, the difference will stlll be charged to the credit card.

That would be MY credit card boys. If you don't order what you tell me Sunday, I will come after you. I'm a dentist, and I know where and how to hurt you. Real bad.

Bottom line, no speculation orders please. I must stress, these orders are to ensure you will get a prime rib. If you do not order now, there is a chance that they may be sold out by he time we order Wednesday evening. Somewhat of a gamble if you can't commit yet. My contact person left me with the feeling that you still had a chance to get prime rib without this pre-order, just not a guarantee.

So I need the number and size of prime ribs each of you want should you wish to "reserve" cut(s) of prime rib.

Again, let me know by 5:00 Sunday.

Never had to do this before to my knowledge. Must be because of our reputation there! :roll:
Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Hatz Classic, Welding fuselage
Hatz build log. https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&p ... GNCwv&sid=
Peshtigo, WI

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

I'm definitely in for a 32oz cut. I'll check with my dad and Ben this afternoon.

So are we just paying you back Jeff?
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

tmbg
Class C

Post by tmbg »

Having trouble posting via eaa wifi....

Anyway, Sam and I will split a 32.
Ian
RV-7 SB, chugging toward final assembly
IO-360-C1C 200hp obtained.
Hartzell BA prop received.
James Cowl ordered.
N773WW reserved!

painless
Class C

Post by painless »

No Chad, the credit card is to hold the order for you. You pay your tab like normal. If for whatever reason the number of held prime ribs is more than what is actually ordered Wednesdy, then the card gets charged the difference.

Like i said, I have never heard of this being a requirement, but I think the Otter is being cautious about not running out since we have a fairly large group coming.
Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Hatz Classic, Welding fuselage
Hatz build log. https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&p ... GNCwv&sid=
Peshtigo, WI

jimpappas
Class E

Otter

Post by jimpappas »

Jeff,

I'll be eating bugs, my friends have never been there so I'll ask them but not sure what they will choose.
Jim Pappas
Former RV6A Owner
jimpappas13@gmail.com
843-901-8224

Beata Bennett 843-901-8264
Kiawah/Seabrook Islands Real Estate Sales
gethomes@sbcglobal.net
Kiawah Island, SC

tmbg
Class C

Post by tmbg »

Dan called and asked me to relay that he wants 2 32oz for him and his dad.
Ian
RV-7 SB, chugging toward final assembly
IO-360-C1C 200hp obtained.
Hartzell BA prop received.
James Cowl ordered.
N773WW reserved!