Second annual almost done

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 6/6A.
painless
Class C

Second annual almost done

Post by painless »

I am almost done with my second annual on 782P. Happy to say that the list of concerns was short. Thought I would share them with the group as a heads up to everyone:

1) VERY slight fuel leak at the fuel line fitting at the left tank. Just enough to leave a blue stain just around the fitting. Nothing was evident on the underside of the tank.

2) Tread wear on the outsides of both mains (6A). More on the right. Flipped the tires this go around and will monitor them. Some Desser retreads are in my future.

3) Some idiot melted the pressure lines from my LRI with a work light while checking things under the panel. :bang:

4) Had neglected to safetywire my oil fill tube. My bad.

5) Again a very small leak around a plug in an unused port in my gascolator. Just a blue stain again, nothing showing on the underside of the fuse.

6) Loose Mic and Headphone jacks on the pilot side.

Other than that, no problems! I was happy to see that I could not see any evidence of standing water inside the fuselage. It rained pretty hard while I was at OSH and it looks like my drain holes did their jobs.

Only thing I need to figure out is what to do about my carpet. It bunches up quite a bit, plus I feel like I need more room under my heals. I have insulating foam in the floor now, but I may remove some to make sort of heal-wells for me. Gotta cogitate about that one.

So there you have it. Two years of flying, just over 100hrs (I know...for cryin' out loud..FLY the thing!!) and very little to complain about.

Keep bang'n those rivets folks! :mrgreen:
Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Hatz Classic, Welding fuselage
Hatz build log. https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&p ... GNCwv&sid=
Peshtigo, WI

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

You may want to consider shimming the axles for the tire wear if there's a shim available for the 6A's main gear.

I know they have them for the 8's, not sure about the rest.
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

painless
Class C

Post by painless »

Yeah, I thought about a shim for that right gear, but I really think its because I am heavy footed on the right brake. That's why I need to look into making some sort of heel well. It is my understanding that wear on the outside edges of the mains is common in RV's

I am not certain you can shim the 6A main gear. I'll look into that.
Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Hatz Classic, Welding fuselage
Hatz build log. https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&p ... GNCwv&sid=
Peshtigo, WI