Attach aileron

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 7/7A.
itisgood
Class E

Attach aileron

Post by itisgood »

I have begun to attach the wing tips and I prepared to attach the aileron to the left wing to align the wing tip and there is a part that is needed that I need to fabricate. The part is made from AT6-058x5/16.It is a bushing. As I purchased the wings from someone else, I am wondering if the AT6 is material comes with the kit or do I need to order it from some company?
PS I do not have anything in my parts that even come close to looking like the part I need.
Thanks
Dave O

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Dave, I'll do my best to try and remember to check my leftover stock when I'm at my hangar tomorrow...if I have some, I'll send it to ya!
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support
http://verticalpower.com

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

Thanks Chad,
It probably isn't a great task to install the part, I just did not know if it was a part of the kit and I did not get it with the wings.
I started working on the wing tips. They are coming along good.
Thanks so much,
Dave

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

I am thinking that probably should have come with the kit.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

johnk
Class E

Post by johnk »

The -9 wing kit, which may be similar, comes with two 4-inch aluminum tubes labeled AT6-058X5/16X4.

John

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

You don't say what model of RV you are building. On the RV-6 and 6A wings those are bushings that are used to space your aileroons correctly. It is supposed to come with your kit. You will use it in making your flap connections also, it takes about four inches for each flap connection and I made a couple of extras. Therefore you probably should order enough for a complete airplane(RV) I when my quick build wings and fuselage came there was some of that material in various bags. Van's sells it in their catologue.

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

I am working the RV7A model. I purchased the wings finished. So I do not access to the kit pieces.
I did e-mail Vans' and they said that it was to come with the kit, but I cannot find it. So the previous owner still has it.
Dave

PS Van said that I can order it.
guess I will.

Bob Barrett
Class C

Post by Bob Barrett »

I hope the previous builder gave you the blue prints etc. You should also ask him for copies of the invoice sheets.

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Dave I forgot to check on Sunday when I was at the hangar...I'm making a note now to check on Wednesday for ya...
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

No problem Chad, get them when you can.
the previous owner gave me blueprints and hardware, but the parts were in a generic plastic bags so the original containers were gone.
I will only find out what is missing as I continue to build. I could call him and ask if he had the parts, but as scattered as I saw the parts, I doubt if he knows, and as of this moment I really do not know exactly all to ask.
Thanks a bunch guys
Dave

cjensen
Whiskey Victor

Post by cjensen »

Hey Dave,

I finally remembered to look this weekend, and I don't have that size. Sorry man... :oops:
Chad Jensen
Missing my RV-7...
Vertical Power support

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

thanks Chad for looking and thinking of me. I finished drilling the piano hinges on the left wing tip today. It seems that I don't get enough time to work.
Dave :)