Aileron bell crank fit

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 7/7A.
itisgood
Class E

Aileron bell crank fit

Post by itisgood »

I purchased the wings prebuilt from an individual. He did not install the bell crank assembly to the aileron before closing the wings.
I am now attempting to do so. The instructions calls for an AN4-33A bolt through the mounting bracket to hold the bell crank.
There is no way for me to insert the bolt through the inspection port through the mounting bracket. While the bolt is the proper length it is too long to insert. There appears to be no way to loosen the mounting brackets either, the nuts are on the other side of the Spar.

Would anyone have a suggestion as a solution?

Thanks
Dave

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Yes, pull the mounting brackets :)

Check the drawings to make sure but I believe that you will find that the mounting bracket bolts don't have regular nuts on the other side. They probably have nutplates that are mounted to the tie down extrusion.

I think that you can probably pull the mounting brackets out. This is how it is with the RV-9 wings.

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Mike Balzer
Class E

Post by Mike Balzer »

This is from Bruce Swayze web sight
thought it may help

It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, then being in the air and wishing you were on the ground. N78MB

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

Thanks for your help. I never thought that they had nut plates on the back.
Dah!!! Well I knew if I would ask someone would respond. i will check on them tomorrow.

Thanks Spike& Mike :)