Fuselage Kit Finished!

A forum in which to discuss topics specific to the assembly of the RV 7/7A.
BSwayze
Class C

Fuselage Kit Finished!

Post by BSwayze »

Well, I seem to have reached another milestone. I'm at a point where I can finally declare my fuselage kit finished! I've been working slowly on little details since mating the wings a while back. And now, I don't have anything left in inventory to work on or install. The fuselage section of my website needs a final update, which I'll finish here very soon, but this is it! It's essentially DONE! So I'm pinching myself a bit here. Am I dreaming? It's hard to believe. Then again, it has been a LOT of work.

Outside for the wing mating, August 22, 2010

It's very exciting to look forward to the finishing kit, which I do not have yet. I know, I should have ordered it several months ago. I was hoping to get the canopy cut before the weather turned cold. But since the meltdown of the economy a couple years ago, my income has taken a big hit and I still haven't recovered. So money is an issue. Sad, but I'm fortunate just to have an income and be in a better position than a lot of folks out there. I'll figure something out. Jamie and I decided right from the start to not go into debt for this project, and I'm very glad we stuck to that decision. At least everything I have here is mine. It's paid for and I don't owe a nickel on it. I'd rather be patient than be straddled with payments. That's just our personal position because we have an income that isn't certain. It fluctuates. I'm not telling anyone else what to do. YMMV.

Anyone have a spare finishing kit lying around that I can borrow for a while? Just kidding!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by BSwayze on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

way to go, Jamie and Bruce.
Brian
Townsend, MT

Wicked Stick
Class B

Post by Wicked Stick »

That's a great pic of your accomplishment ! Congrats !

Keep at it, and you will be flying it before you know it ;).
Dave "WS" Rogers
RV-8 (125 hrs & counting)
N173DR

itisgood
Class E

Post by itisgood »

A wonderful accomplishment Bruce and Jamie. It looks great and I am sure it will fly straight as well.
Dave :)

bruceh
Class D

Post by bruceh »

Looking good, Bruce!

I'm right behind you. I'm thinking my finishing kit will get ordered right before Van's does their yearly price increases.

This part of the build really starts to slow down and get complicated. I'm trying to decide on a lot of big issues like prop, engine, avionics, and interior before I can proceed in a couple of areas. I'm also going on a pay as you go basis. It is starting to get expensive!
Bruce Hill
RV-9A N5771H flying over 1100 hours!
Build Log at http://www.overthehills.com/RV-9A-Project
Blog at https://flyingoverthehills.wordpress.com/
EAA Tech Counselor, A&P

hydroguy2
Class B

Post by hydroguy2 »

Once you decide to order the engine/prop, the price of admission doubles.
Brian
Townsend, MT

Spike
Chief Rivet Banger

Post by Spike »

Congrats !!

You can borrow my finish kit? I am about to the wing mating process but am going to skip it until at the hangar. Ill lend ya finish kit parts if you don't mind driving 6000 miles to get them and bring them back :)

Nice looking dude!

Spike
http://www.rivetbangers.com - Now integrating web and mail!
Current Build: 2 years into a beautiful little girl

Mike Balzer
Class E

Post by Mike Balzer »

Bruce,
NICE WORK. I feel bad that I have had so many things going on in my life with my kids, family and a house that needs work I haven't had a chance to work on the plane that much over the past coupe of months.

It did feel good to dimple my left fuel tank this weekend. Pretty soon get to put it together using fayed sealing method.

Keep up the good work and thank you for you building log,

Happy Thanksgiving,

Mike Balzer
It is better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, then being in the air and wishing you were on the ground. N78MB

Joe Parish
Class D

Post by Joe Parish »

Looks great Bruce. I am envious :mrgreen: I am just getting going on my empennage. Congrats :!:
Joe
N525XC reserved
Empennage done
wings done
Fuse in progress
RV-9A

BSwayze
Class C

Post by BSwayze »

Thanks, everybody!

Spike, I appreciate the generous offer. Thanks! Loooong way from here. You never know when I might show up at your door, though. :D j/k

Joe, thanks! We were all beginners once. Just keep at it. You'll have an airframe you can sit in before you know it.
Bruce Swayze
Portland, Oregon
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
RV-7A Working on Firewall Forward